FJ40 six vs. Crown six (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Experts. Are early tune up/engine parts from the Toyota Crown the same as the early FJ ?
As an example, '63 to '69

Or

Will tune parts work on an early FJ as they would on an early Crown.

Regards

I don’t know the answer, but there is definitely a possibility.

It struck me almost immediately upon getting to the other side of the counter (selling instead of being a consumer) that Toyota had suffix codes in their PN system. 600XX designated early Landcruiser; 903XX started around ‘71; 610XX in ‘75; 90AXX in 81.

All that said, several of the early Landcruiser tune up parts have a 400XX designation, which means a crossover from another line to me. But from what line, I never bothered investigating.

@RAGINGMATT

The Crowns used M series engines. About the only thing that was the same was the oil filter and maybe the points.

Experts. Are early tune up/engine parts from the Toyota Crown the same as the early FJ ?
As an example, '63 to '69

Or

Will tune parts work on an early FJ as they would on an early Crown.

Regards
The Crowns used M series engines. About the only thing that was the same was the oil filter and maybe the points.
I don’t know the answer, but there is definitely a possibility.

It struck me almost immediately upon getting to the other side of the counter (selling instead of being a consumer) that Toyota had suffix codes in their PN system. 600XX designated early Landcruiser; 903XX started around ‘71; 610XX in ‘75; 90AXX in 81.

All that said, several of the early Landcruiser tune up parts have a 400XX designation, which means a crossover from another line to me. But from what line, I never bothered investigating.

@RAGINGMATT

b76086f4ebcb042ae4890cc74078fe4e.jpeg

The OIL caps are different then a 1968 Crown M series engine

not sure why i have three 1968 NOS Crown oil caps to begin with :confused:

or why one is a TRD cap too ......?

hqdefault.jpg

2M01.jpg

DSCN8374.JPG

That cap fits 18RC and 75-76 20R as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom