Shocks wanted from Santa = opinions and deals black friday wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for confirmation I am headed in the right direction.

Have had OME shocks for 5 years on my 80 and they are fine, but terrible on washboard and bumpy Colorado trails.

Looking to step up to 2.0 or 2.5 shocks. Dobinson's seem to be the best bang for the buck right now, but there are a lot of King and fox fans out there not to mention ICON or Tough Dog from @TRAIL TAILOR

Reading the threads, seen lots of Fox blow out in a couple years, any changes to design to stop this. Hate to drop some serious $$$ just to spend about as much to get them rebuilt a few years later.

Just looking for opinions and if anyone knows of good deals with black friday and cyber monday coming quickly.

@weejub

Last edited:
I installed Icon RR 2.5's all around. Rear has CDCV, fronts do not. Cannot express how happy I am with them. Metaltech is doing 20% off suspension kits, not sure if the discount applies to just shocks.

I should add that I was initially going to with King shocks, but the wait time pushed me to Icon.

Haven't ridden on better shocks than the Slinky 2.5's with cdc adjustment.

Kings are a common high end choice but they use a pintle style adjuster that makes for super high line pressures. Sharp bumps can be harsh like you have way to much pressure in the tires because these types of bumps don't displace the piston enough. The Slinkys use a different type of adjuster and line pressures are MUCH lower so you don't get that harsh ride on sharp bumps. Much smoother overall IMO and a huge jump in performance from the OME! I ran OME's for 15 years before switching. Washboards just make a buzzing noise with the Slinky's and you don't feel the bumps.

I'm in same boat. Metal tech looks to have 20% off icon kits. Ebay has 15% off today max $100 discount.Four seprate aaccount orders will knock off $300 on the ome bp51. I usually follow tacoma world black friday sales thread for latest sales.

Haven't ridden on better shocks than the Slinky 2.5's with cdc adjustment.

Kings are a common high end choice but they use a pintle style adjuster that makes for super high line pressures. Sharp bumps can be harsh like you have way to much pressure in the tires because these types of bumps don't displace the piston enough. The Slinkys use a different type of adjuster and line pressures are MUCH lower so you don't get that harsh ride on sharp bumps. Much smoother overall IMO and a huge jump in performance from the OME! I ran OME's for 15 years before switching. Washboards just make a buzzing noise with the Slinky's and you don't feel the bumps.

I have King 2.5s on mine and it's nothing like that. I'm a huge fan of them on a heavy armored 80.

I have been happy with my 2.5 remote Radflo. They are priced a good bit lower than some others and 100% owner rebuildable. I think I got mine through metaltech so if you have a discount on any order they would be even cheaper.

I have no experience with lots of different shocks. However, I take some air out of the tires when going on gravel / washboards. Works for me!

I'm in same boat. Metal tech looks to have 20% off icon kits. Ebay has 15% off today max $100 discount.Four seprate aaccount orders will knock off $300 on the ome bp51. I usually follow tacoma world black friday sales thread for latest sales.
Thanks for your input. Tried the code....

Appears that the metal tech discount is just on kits as I put front and rear shocks in the cart and the discount would not apply.

@dockbox you got any deals coming up this holiday? Santa is tired of making stuff.

Bp51’s. Rode in my buddys 4runner he got them from a vendor here, he was blown away as was i. Damn thing was glued to the roads at high speed and softer than my 80 with icon springs and fox shocks.

Thanks for your input. Tried the code....

Appears that the metal tech discount is just on kits as I put front and rear shocks in the cart and the discount would not apply.

Code not working until the 22nd. It should apply to all Icon items (I believe).

@Box Rocket do you know if the Icon 2.5 VS sold by Metal Tech are considered the Slinky versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom