1986 8B2 paint-Where can I find it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for the original 8B2 paint for my 60. Will be painting entire vehicle. Can anyone tell me best source to match? Thanks.

That's great. Was this a full paint job or touch up?
Touch up both times (resealed the gutters and rust treatment).

But you would consider this paint for a full paint job after repairing rusty quarters, new doors, etc? Thanks again.

Any auto paint supplier can match using that paint code. Original paint was likely single stage. You can repaint the entire vehicle with either 2 stage or single stage. 2 stage is shinier and can be more durable depending on the clear coat you use.

But you would consider this paint for a full paint job after repairing rusty quarters, new doors, etc? Thanks again.
Oops sorry I missed the important bit about you wanting to paint the entire vehicle. I can't say anything beyond their usefulness for touchups. I would probably get a more widely used or professional series paint from a automotive paint store.

Any auto paint supplier can match using that paint code. Original paint was likely single stage. You can repaint the entire vehicle with either 2 stage or single stage. 2 stage is shinier and can be more durable depending on the clear coat you use.

Matching the color is relative to the brand of pigments that they are using for their main distribution but yes most paint supply shops can mix that color for you. If you are going to be painting the entire vehicle use a well-known shop that has a good history with whatever brand they sell. Buy a little extra, quart or two, for touch-up jobs down the road. I was able to paint my entire truck exterior (door jambs included) with a single gallon of single-stage "farm implement" enamel.

If nothing else, go to a local shop, have them pull the color card for you and you can check against your jambs for a general idea. You may even be able to get them to mix an aerosol can of the color for you so you can "test spray" an area.

Aside from Automotive touch-up I also order from here. Automotive Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch - Order Pro Grade Paint - PaintScratch.com

Either can get you paint quarts, gallons and larger I think. When testing what was close to my paint Both looked good. If my HOA was not a PITA, I would spray either in my Garage.

The paint is single stage and as @gregnash and @76FJ40 said any paint place can match. I have heard that if you bring a sample in Sherwin-Williams Automotive finishes can match perfectly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom