Whats needed to swap a 94 1FZ into a 96? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4x4him.com
I have been searching and can't find exactly what needs to be done so if there are any threads please link it and I will follow.

I know the heads are interchangeable with just slight differences in casting. The big difference I have found is the upper oil pan and crank position sensor, and all emissions components. Can I install the crank position tone ring on the early crank? All emissions components will be swapped out.

obd1 vs obd2 block differences

I have been searching and can't find exactly what needs to be done so if there are any threads please link it and I will follow.

I know the heads are interchangeable with just slight differences in casting. The big difference I have found is the upper oil pan and crank position sensor, and all emissions components. Can I install the crank position tone ring on the early crank? All emissions components will be swapped out.

obd1 vs obd2 block differences

The block is the same, the challenge is the tone ring, lives behind the timing chain. The early chain tensioner rail differs, more prone to breakage, so if I were in there, would change it to the later style.

I am planing on replacing everything behind the timing cover. Is it a simple bolt on operation?

I am planing on replacing everything behind the timing cover. Is it a simple bolt on operation?

yes, the 94 has a spacer and the 95+ has a tone ring. just swap it out. basically keep the long block the same but use the newer style intake and exhaust. the only thing you change on the engine is the upper pan and tone ring. you will need to use the 96 wiring harness also.

Thanks, the 96 that it's going in is running, so I am going to go through the bottom end and cyl head then switch it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom