Bolt on turbo kit (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I added insulation right over the stock insulation. Zero issues.

image-3029656168-jpg.774193

I wrapped my AC line in heat tape and also gently bent it away from the DP--it is quite pliable :)

20160525_113204-1-jpg.1263879

Last edited:
A thought on the down pipe concern, if we have a template as to where to cut could we not remove the y-pipe and take said pipe and new down pipe to a fab shop or exhaust shop, have the cut and weld done and return to home garage and install. No tow needed?

At the very least your going to want to tack weld all that in the exact right spot before you take it in if you want the flange to line up right. Easier just to have them do it all

I got a set of Doug Thorley headers coming for the 4Runner. I can't WAIT to install the headers then drive around the 'hood at WOT while my 12 yo daughter takes multiple vids. The PO already welded the Magnaflow cats to the header outlet so it might be a *tad* quieter.

No replacement for displacement baby!!!!

To me it's like the 7 pin mod. I would never un-7 pin the mod. Don't care at all if the stock exhaust has to be modified to connect the thing up, as long as it passes CA smog, I'm happy. Following with great interest. Tired of not being able to overtake any mid 90's 4 cylinder anything on the freeway.

Tired of not being able to overtake any mid 90's 4 cylinder anything on the freeway.

or playing chicken with oncoming traffic as you mash your go pedal through the floorboard and hoping like hell you don't die.......

I’m laughing about people not wanting the kit because they have to weld the exhaust. Can you weld a piece of oversized pipe to the flange? then people can cut the old exhaust pipe, slide it into the oversized piece on the flange and clamp it. Not sure if your customer base will be willing to cut their rare OEM exhaust though.

or playing chicken with oncoming traffic as you mash your go pedal through the floorboard and hoping like hell you don't die.......

While screaming "allah hoo akbar" and your passenger looks at you with these wild eyes.....

Thanksgiving is pretty much over. The guests are gone. The wife is talking to her parents on the phone. I’m sitting here thinking about the turbo.

So where are we in the CARB process? I’ve gotten lost. Think this thing comes to market next year? Where are we on the intercooler option? I really want the intercooler. I think about this turbo a lot on any given day...

It’s only a short ride to the exhaust shop to get reconnected. It’s not like it’s going to be this loud...

Last edited:
I thought a lot about turbo last night as I made my own version of the Hindenburg .......

Rick - is your turbo rig up and running? Sorry, if this has been answered already in your build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom