Harrop Wiring Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to match up the electrical components I received with my Harrop kit with Harrop's wiring Diagram and am confusing myself (and a Harrop salesman) somehow.

The kit has a 10amp mini fuse tap, and a 15amp circuit breaker loose in one of the bags. I assume you pick and choose either one to go inline on the 12V constant power for the relay. Pic attached of these two on my table....
IMG_4852 (1).jpg

When I emailed Harrop directly about which on goes where, or to use one, both, etc., the salesman kept referencing the "suppression device" in the wiring harness (#5 in the diagram, which is the symbol for a diode). He believed that "suppression device" and "circuit breaker" were the same thing, and I need to wire it according to the diagram...
harrop diagram.jpg

but, when I pulled the whole wiring harness out, I found this white thing on the two wires heading to the elocker plug, and looks to be wired exactly like the "suppression device" circled above.
IMG_4860.jpg

so, is the Harrop salesman confusing the circuit breaker for the white component already wired into the harness? That's what i'm thinking...so do I just pick which of the other two components to use on the 12V constant that goes to the relay? What did everyone else do?

Could be that Harrop are now putting different stuff in the kit & your salesman doesn't know about it. When I put one in a few years back it did have the white 'suppression device' but it did not have anything like that red circuit breaker or that fuse tap, just an inline fuse holder, relay & switch IIRC.

My guess is that the fuse tap might be supplied as an easy way to tap power for the switch? The circuit breaker would be for the main power to the relay.

One tip, on mine the light in the supplied switch was really dim, it was really easy to leave the locker in during the day. If they are still like that I would recommend wiring in a much more visible warning light somewhere, I used a vacant warning light panel on the dash. Later I also tidied up all my accessory relays incl the locker in a line of mounting blocks & same sized fused relays.

Cheers
Clint

I think you're right, cheap fuse tap for the keyed power to the switch, circuit breaker for the relay, diode ("suppression device") is already installed in the harness.

Ya man the white item is the suspension device or whatever you want to call it.

I just wired up x2 Harrops and they didn’t come with that big red circuit breaker. Inline fuse is all they came with.

Are you just installing one or two?

Cheers

Just one in my 24v rig. So I also need to order two converters

Just one in my 24v rig. So I also need to order two converters

Right on. I installed two so consolidated the wiring to keep it clean.

Cheers

Yeah, I might just wire the switch/relay/fuse on my own from scratch so I can keep the fuse and relay with my others in the aux. fuse/relay box im installing. Not sure yet.

Edit: this is what i'm installing for my HAM radio and offroad lights...

megasuperduperfantastictime.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom