Axle breather vent options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just joined steering knuckle rebuild club yeah.. Not a bad job just very messy. I drove the cruiser for the first time today after the knuckle rebuild. Prior to this I did clean my vent tubes and they were functioning as they should one way.. I could blow air out but not suck in. I thought I would give the front breather another test today. When I disconnected the hose from the axle I heard a swoosh of ait come out and thought that was strange. I blew on the hose and it was not clogged.. So this got me worried.. Maybe there was not enought pressure to open the vent? I disassembled the valve and removed the flapper that made it a one way valve. Now it is basically a two way breather with the little cap on it to keep stuff out of it. I have extended the rear line inside the fuel filler door and the front to the engine bay attached to the trans dip stick. Upon some research, for diff breathers I see lots of people using a cheap in line fuel filter. But I also came across these sintered bronze breathers and wondered if anyone has tried them? JEGS Rear Axle Vent | JEGS
Thoughts on the best option? I like the two way valve I made from my existing breathers since they are nice and small plus they are free ;>) just not sure if I really need the filtration or not?

Filtration is safe and a good idea, but buy some hose and zip ties and run the breathers up high into the engine bay, just in case you ever go through water over 18" deep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom