Alternate Fridge suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
I've been browsing amazon for fridges. I've taken a look at a few and the ARB seems to be leading the race.

What other brands have you all been using? I trust everyones suggestions here instead of the amazon reviews. I'm looking for up to a 50qt.

The Dometics are basically ARBs that cost way less. I don't have one, but the ones my friends have seem to look/work great. My Edgestar works really well and consistently holds temp, but I think they draw a little more current than the much higher priced models.

SnoMaster. Only fridge I’d buy (again ;).

I've been really happy with my Dometic.

My used Edgestar has been working great! No fancy dual zones or wifi/bluetooth! I have a Dometic fridge in my 18 wheeler, that one has been working good for 3 years now too.
20181110_080803.jpg

My Whynter 65Q has been good, once I found the sweet spot between freezing and just cold enough. Digging into the fridge to get milk out for some Cocoa Krispies and finding the milk is frozen is a bummer.

Only thing I'd change, if I had to buy again, I'd get the dual zone.

The Dometics are basically ARBs that cost way less.
I've been really happy with my Dometic.

There was a fella that had an issue with his Dometic. It took forever to get it resolved, and only after he called Dometic out online. I also know somebody that has a new Dometic. They are having issues with it, and Dometic is not standing by the product. I would avoid their products until they get their quality control resolved … and they start standing behind the product. I realize there are folks that have had great success with their Dometic fridges, but the real test of a company is how they resolve issues with their products when things go wrong.

Dometic Customer Support - CF-80
The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

I would recommend Engle or ARB.

I realize there are folks that have had great success with their Dometic fridges, but the real test of a company is how they resolve issues with their products when things go wrong.[URL='https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/the-official-dometic-cfx-fridge-feed.193480/page-3'][/URL]
[URL='https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/the-official-dometic-cfx-fridge-feed.193480/page-3'][/URL]

You are not wrong there. All I can say is that my Dometic CF-35 was run 24/7 for 3 years as an office fridge and has spent the past 2 years being used from time to time in my trailer and truck with zero issues.

I've had 2 edgestars, no issues (compressor clanks around offroad, normal). A dometic "dual zone" with divider inside (garbage when tried to be used as fridge only). Currently have a snowmaster, case is identical size as edgestar, compressor makes a little banging noise offroad, great fridge otherwise.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd keep rocking a edgestar for what I paid for them ($300 each).

I've had a Dometic for a couple years. Use it to hold beer / soda when not doing camping duty, so it is always in use. I got the 65 liter non-dual zone unit. Works like a champ. Quiet and energy efficient. Thumbs up.

My Edgestar has been running continuously for 5-1/2 years. I expected it to die along time ago so I could buy something nicer, but it keeps going.

I’ve been running an Edgestar for over 6 years. I’m thinking of updating to a drawer fridge when the Edgestar dies.

I run a truck fridge. I like the easy access.

C05FE4C7-6E20-4D21-AA95-125573FA7544.jpeg
Here’s my set up.

ARB customer service, the few times I've had to use it, has been nothing short of superb. Something to consider when you're dropping several hundred dollars down on things like this.
I've been very happy with my ARB 47l, dual zone would be a nice upgrade one day though.

+1 for ARB CS. I recently had my ARB 47l (Purchased in 2011) thermistor go out and ARB is sending me another one. This fridge has been living in my Land Cruisers and 4runners for 7 years running 24/7/365.

I have one of the Engel Combi units with separate fridge and freezer sections. Got it scratch and dent off Amazon for half price. Works great other than it only displays temperature in Celcius. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom