GM wiring harness for 73 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am using a painless harness for my 40. I am in the middle of wiring it. I have ordered a single throw - double pole switch for the hazard switch. There will be 2 outputs on the hazard switch and they will connect to the left and right turn circuits. In the off-position, they are separate, so the turn signals will work correctly, but in the on-position, both left and right will flash.

could you shoot a link to the switch you are going to use? i got an older painless kit in the deal with my 40 and want to do this as a winter project. i know everyone says stay OEM wiring but mine is so hacked up and this new kit just sitting there...for free

I am using a painless harness for my 40. I am in the middle of wiring it. I have ordered a single throw - double pole switch for the hazard switch. There will be 2 outputs on the hazard switch and they will connect to the left and right turn circuits. In the off-position, they are separate, so the turn signals will work correctly, but in the on-position, both left and right will flash.

which one you using do you have the part #?

I am using Painless part number 10140.

I am not using any factory Toyota switches, other than what is in the steering column, so its been a bit of a challenge to make carling switches turn on all of the remaining Toyota bits. I have a lot of auxiliary switches and accessories, an additional relay panel, so I have a large number of additional wires and circuits. I have a shrink tube label maker for tagging wires that makes adding more wires and tagging them easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom