Help!! Need part # for cooling fan relay connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I work at a new car dealership, but not a Toyota one. I've called 2 Toyota dealers trying to get the part number for the cooling fan relay electrical connector as mine is disintegrating. I've already got the relay. I guess it's a real pain to look up this connector and was hoping someone here had replaced one already.

Solved!! To help the next guy.... My LX470 is a 1998 and the Toyota dealer says it's part # 90980-10940. A google search shows one on ebay, and it appears they do NOT come with the terminals, just the blank plastic connector housing. I will post a pic of the relay and the connector when I get home tonight.

Fyi, the connector I got from Toyota is wrong..................... I'll post up the correct number when i find it

Aren't relays pretty standard? Either 4 or 5 bladed models. I would think any NAPA auto parts could supply you with the connector.

I have been a parts guy for 20 years, I wish it was that easy. I assure you, if you could just get one from Napa, that would have been done A LONG time ago.

new relay.jpg

old relay.jpg

Yes, I see what you mean now. Leave it to Toyota to create their own proprietary relay and connector.

Still trying to get this ......... I have an aftermarket relay, but if someone even has the Toyota part # for the OE Relay, it would be super helpful. This connector is made of unobtainium!! The dealership is struggle, and my vin doesn't help because it's a Lexus vin. Fortunately it's been nice and cool around here.

Still trying to get this ......... I have an aftermarket relay, but if someone even has the Toyota part # for the OE Relay, it would be super helpful. This connector is made of unobtainium!! The dealership is struggle, and my vin doesn't help because it's a Lexus vin. Fortunately it's been nice and cool around here.

Look closely at the connector you have now and see if you can read any numbers on it. I believe nearly all Toyota connectors have their part number/type on them. I have the Toyota Connector PDF stored somewhere on my computer and could 'confirm' any number you might come up with if that will help.

every CONNECTOR p/n is in the back of the EWD. the PDF of which is all over this site. the number for the relay is harder to find.

Okay, I'll look. I've already got the relay itself, so not a huge deal there, but the connector I really need. I'll look when I get off work tonight.

I guess you already noticed that your new relay is different than your old relay. Hopefully the new one is backwards compatible with the old connector?

2 sources for you to try.

www.connectorexperts.com - < Have used these guys in the past, they were able to supply all connectors when OEM was not available, parts worked exactly like OEM according to my installers.

Home / Protech - These guys are a local outfit, we used them all the time to get used harness connectors. Send them the pics, and they'll probably be able to get what you need, but it will be pricey.

I guess you already noticed that your new relay is different than your old relay. Hopefully the new one is backwards compatible with the old connector?
Yeah, they are different, but the terminals are in the same spot, and everything else should mesh. There's just more plastic Tees and such in the original. I appreciate you pointing that out, and of course I appreciate everyone's help on herer.

Solved!! To help the next guy.... My LX470 is a 1998 and the Toyota dealer says it's part # 90980-10940. A google search shows one on ebay, and it appears they do NOT come with the terminals, just the blank plastic connector housing. I will post a pic of the relay and the connector when I get home tonight.

None of the connector housings will come with leads. I am thinking you need a 90980-11283 but good luck finding one.

Con1.jpg

I looked for that also, 283 and 304 look the same. They are both 4.8 and 2.3 terminals. I'd quick fix it and spend a few weeks searching all over.
Sometimes there is a amp # deep inside or on the back that matches with manufacturer #s, maybe not even amp. Honestly I think it might be easier to rob a bank than find some of those housings.

Thanks everyone!! I now have a connector and leads on order, should be here by the weekend. I will update with pics and numbers if everything is in fact correct!! I'm crossing my fingers.

Please make sure you post the part #'s. The most frustrating thing is for someone to ask a question, then post "nevermind figured it out".

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom