Fuel filter location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cc93cruiser

CRUZAHEAD
Threads
Don't know if I am having a senior moment (hope not, only 38), or if I already swapped fuel filter on my 09 lx. I can't seem to remember where is the location for the fuel filter? I haven't opened up my hood yet, but just sitting here making my head hurt... tried Google search didn't see anything.....

I'm thinking that maybe some 200 series variants come with a filter on the drivers side inside the frame rail...there's a metal cover fastened with 8mm bolts. Removing it shows tubing hard lines entering from the front and rear for an inch or so, and a rubber hose clamped between the ends.

Anybody know if I can get a filter that will fit?

Like @TonyP said, it’s in the tank.

On the bottom of the pump, inside the “bucket” that holds pump and keeps it submerged in fuel, even when the tank is all but empty.

It’s also not much of a filter. It’s more of a really good strainer. Because of the high fuel quality of American fuel, plus the required fuel filter on the gas pump itself. A filter on the truck is not needed as much. I’ve replaced these newer designed fuel pumps with 300k in the clock, and the fuel strainers would only have a couple shreds of tiny plastic from somewhere in the transportation of fuel from refinery to your fuel tank.

Yep. No traditional filter on US models, just a strainer. As a result sending my injectors off for cleaning is somewhere on my todo list.

I did some digging in the parts system and found lines on a Chinese market 200 that did have a filter but I have no way of knowing whether the lines would bolt up to the rest of our fuel system. Plus installing the lines themselves would probably involve dropping the tank and a lot of other work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom