Anyone recognize this bolt... 4.7 timing belt change related (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting everything buttoned up and ready to put the radiator back in but I have one extra bolt. It looks kind of important lol. 12 mm head with a 35mm shank and non threaded tip. It's with the bolts and nuts for the radiator but it's not one of the four bolts that secure the radiator. Anyone know where it might go?

ItMs5QREHuwQoxyMSzLXCCyHWKtooNKs7RTG53jMscg6WjAMDNI_PjL_8ZxXSOkc1uVh4wWoNfKd98KF0MA3vCR6-XFW7vDalFG43vlykf6ZJRsABqiYi99CjG3T4bv3-urZz7ls9JJOYzC1mMR_b0ic7vSCzyclcUCKak-N-ivjdCqjQhPTWAXgluvcLhXxfpQzttu_U0Bq4_e1s0sx3vuLFP3X4y-rH8U28fePcDG_ue3GlisBASYtAcXIcQRS9hBPYixNGvDN1Ae0OJCQaV9mYtU-z8W8oq2n7j4PGgf4KJw47cMg6zmLzwes2GmvGG_uNgGqsHfxxzYsq3zCcwz3kHib5eCgAdKsbVM6LRuIamGNlqLtn_YgLaj9Xhv7WmYiEjhk_hice38NnN9T9Olnu_qrEncOelJ4Ha_pKP4kDEHxsqlN7GbhVCwGGh2YBZ1_7OLq75JVdAQg_ibnKgRShQ93j2ClBTLDYTBDsTx7cyc-xRU64ySCbF1YZnAtQkCVFKmXAkGFGSZ0SYkzfpbwodGsgdunxczmOUQYdyiVgttZumFyjv3KhbJGKm2hET5QjDh4dKCp0_x5tBDwJyQ-UQKd_TAGFCEVlRLKQeKV8MxqUJL6Q7MPC-8F6q4NvghOxaS1Egd2m-7R-uGq69OX=w2047-h1151-no

It looks like one of those but I don't remember if they had the non threaded tip. Don't think they did. And, I counted all of those very carefully and followed the manual. 5 bolts, 2 studs, 1 nut. I double checked the manual and counted all fasteners when re-installing all parts.

I usually keep stuff organized but this one was in my tray near the back with the radiator nuts so I'm pretty sure it's one of the first things I removed.

Could it be one of the front skid plate bolts? There is one in the hole that bolts to the cross member that would be easy to miss. I feel like that is what they look like.

Not the fan bracket. Only two there and they're much longer... and accounted for.

Not the water pump. Just triple checked.

Considered that too Scott but I have the skid plate bolts accounted for. And they're not galvanized and it's just the one I have extra.

Not the fan bracket. Only two there and they're much longer... and accounted for.

Not the water pump. Just triple checked.
How did you check? I have quite a few of those in my tool box since the OEM water pumps come with new bolts and I like to keep the old ones...I hope I'm wrong though so you can sleep tonight lol

I got the Aisin kit and it didn't come with new bolts.

I double checked in my mind as I recalled sequentially torquing the five bolts, two studs, and one nut. Then I triple checked by removing the covers so I could verify there are five bolts, two studs, and one nut securing the pump.

All three steering pump bolts accounted for?

I got the Aisin kit and it didn't come with new bolts.

I double checked in my mind as I recalled sequentially torquing the five bolts, two studs, and one nut. Then I triple checked by removing the covers so I could verify there are five bolts, two studs, and one nut securing the pump.

You get new bolts when you buy Toyota or Lexus.

Lets see a pic with the covers removed.

Not taking it apart again lol.

I double checked all the diagrams in the manual and I know I have everything installed with the correct fasteners. I've done an interior gut just before the engine work and that bolt is in pretty good condition. Only thing that makes sense is that it's leftover from an interior part. Or, it's a part from the rad, shroud, hose bracket, etc that I haven't gotten to yet.

The shroud bolts to the radiator with similar bolts, also where the AC lines and harness run over the top of the shroud that uses similar bolts, but to be honest this bolt looks longer than that.

Just a guess without checking size: Battery hold down bolt?

The fan bracket has two bolts that come through AC compressor to secure both. AC compressor has a total of three bolts holding it on. I don't pull the third bolt, but perhaps you did.
070.JPG
062.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom