Prado 120s as work vehicles or as beaters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diff Kraken

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm interested in seeing photos of Prado 120s used for work or out in harsh conditions. I found some great pics of some UN Prado 120s. Anyone out there use their Prado 120 for work or as a beater? Feel free to post pics from Prado 120s you've seen being used for work (UN, Taxi, tour company, police, etc.) or even pics found online that may be interesting. Old beat up Prado 120s are of interest too. Thanks!

United-nations-nepal.jpg

Awesome.. thanks man. Why Prado PATOCAR (what does PATOCAR mean in Japanese)? Yes- I can read katakana ; )

Google: 120 プラド パトカー to your heart's content:

tokyoc170119.jpg

img_0

raind170706.jpg

yokod170716.jpg

mig

c0063613_20135641.jpg
So looked it up and apparently PATOCAR is short for PATROL CAR... Japanese can be funny like that. Like SMART PHONE becomes SMA PHONE....

Anyway- I've heard that these Prado 120s are all over Africa, Australia and other places.

Mud folks got any good pics from other countries outside of the US or Japan?

Thank you for posting. Great photos and very cool Prados. I especially love the one with the snorkel. Are these all in Spain?

Yea, looks like they're all from Spain. I just googled Toyota Prado + spanish for ambulance, police, etc.

And, yea, the one with the snorkel looks pretty built up- it even has what look like sliders.

Ok... might as well devolve into arctic truck photos ala Iceland... (most of these things are technically tour company vehicles and meet the thread requirements)

11SUM_ICELAND_020-e1430960618413.jpg
27a410bd4321ab8f4420d34165c81e1b.jpg
e29d01d16ccbe8fa7b93005ee6a78a63.jpg
LC120-44-2008.jpg-011.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested in seeing photos of Prado 120s used for work or out in harsh conditions. I found some great pics of some UN Prado 120s. Anyone out there use their Prado 120 for work or as a beater? Feel free to post pics from Prado 120s you've seen being used for work (UN, Taxi, tour company, police, etc.) or even pics found online that may be interesting. Old beat up Prado 120s are of interest too. Thanks!

View attachment 1834852
Anyone know what that giant antenna on the front of the UN Prado is for?

So looked it up and apparently PATOCAR is short for PATROL CAR... Japanese can be funny like that. Like SMART PHONE becomes SMA PHONE....

Yep, smart phone is worse though...it becomes "sumaho." The only thing that drives me insane more than "borrowed" (more like misinterpreted) foreign words is when they shorten them beyond recognition and they exist in this not really Japanese, not a legit word, yet everyone uses it and assumes it's an English word. Long sleeve t-shirt has become "ronsuri" and monitor was somehow accidentally confused with video tape recorder (possibly replay?) decades ago...shortened to "VTR" and you see it used everyday in 2018 by people who have likely never seen a video tape in their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom