Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was supposed to be capri blue. The local paint shop did their best to match it, but the shade isn't quite the same. I like it though.

Thanks guys. Yall think buckskin would look better than sandlewood with medium blue? Here's an FJ Co medium blue with a soft top. Looks a little lighter in this pic than yall's buckskin.

NRO9eey.jpg

Thanks guys. Yall think buckskin would look better than sandlewood with medium blue? Here's an FJ Co medium blue with a soft top. Looks a little lighter in this pic than yall's buckskin.
I had Julie send me a sample of both colors. Sandlewood is brown. I felt Buckskin was more complimentary with the blue I picked.

IMG_1372.jpg

Is everyone putting 3 or 4 of the twist locks in on the side windows?

And HOW are you installing the twist locks? Tub just drill/screw, i get that. Does anyone have a pic of the twist locks in the tub with the windows rolled up?

Also what about on the canvas top? I'm scared to just punch a hole. Any input there would be appreciated.

View attachment 1528809

Also is everyone putting a twist lock at the front corner of the winshield frame? If so drilling a hole or using existing?

View attachment 1528811

So I got my cool soft top from julie the other day. It looks great! I am interested in how folks have done the holes for the twist locks & what'd they recommend.
thanks, ty
:beer:

So I got my cool soft top from julie the other day. It looks great! I am interested in how folks have done the holes for the twist locks & what'd they recommend.
thanks, ty

There is a special punch that is used to make the holes for the eyelets. I borrowed one from one of my local Cruiser friends, but you can buy them online.

Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969

You need to put a piece of 2x4 under the canvas and then hit it with a hammer to punch out the hole. It's pretty easy once you line things up. Just take your time.

There is a special punch that is used to make the holes for the eyelets. I borrowed one from one of my local Cruiser friends, but you can buy them online.

Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969

You need to put a piece of 2x4 under the canvas and then hit it with a hammer to punch out the hole. It's pretty easy once you line things up. Just take your time.

Thanks. wow, i was hoping to just poke a hole with a nail or icepick and then smooth it out with a soldering iron. $70 is pretty pricey for a tool i'll only use for 30'. Any other ideas? or someone got one I can borrow?
Thanks again, ty

Here are a few more. the front end was a bit tight, possibly due to the metal tech cage. Also as you can see, it left a gap at the top end of the pillar, nothing a little paint won't fix. I also had to shorten the length of my bows from the pillar to the back to ~41". everything else looks good. I installed the turnbuckles with making a hole using a 5/16 hollow steel hole punch. Driving down the road at 50 mph, it makes little sound. i may have to adjust the rearview mirror to see a bit better, but that's about it.

Great product!
best ty

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

My '64 FST, River Blue (T-431) with Buckskin PVC OE-style top from Julie. Same top in both pics, different lighting. Fit great. Top frame is a mash up - factory B pillar and door headers, all the tubing from Real Steel. My '64 still has the early welded retainer on the windshield frame.

img_1382-jpg.1810743

img_1359-jpg.1801791

Here are a few more. the front end was a bit tight, possibly due to the metal tech cage. Also as you can see, it left a gap at the top end of the pillar, nothing a little paint won't fix. I also had to shorten the length of my bows from the pillar to the back to ~41". everything else looks good. I installed the turnbuckles with making a hole using a 5/16 hollow steel hole punch. Driving down the road at 50 mph, it makes little sound. i may have to adjust the rearview mirror to see a bit better, but that's about it.

Great product!
best ty

View attachment 1819745

View attachment 1819746

View attachment 1819747

View attachment 1819748

View attachment 1819749
You installed the turn buttons wrong they are supposed to go on inside of top on the 4” reinforcements and the turn buttons go on inside of tub. Call me when you can talk 616-450-0145 Julie

My '64 FST, River Blue (T-431) with Buckskin PVC OE-style top from Julie. Same top in both pics, different lighting. Fit great. Top frame is a mash up - factory B pillar and door headers, all the tubing from Real Steel. My '64 still has the early welded retainer on the windshield frame.

img_1382-jpg.1810743

img_1359-jpg.1801791
Can you email me any photos you have of the soft top I made I’m having a website made for just Land Cruiser items I make “ Dirt Road Land Cruiser Tops

img_1382-jpg.1810743

img_1359-jpg.1801791

if you have a moment please call me @616-450-0145 thanks Julie
Can you please forward any pictures of the top I made. I’m having a website made for just the Land Cruiser items I make. “ Dirt Road Land Cruiser Tops” it should be up & running in a few weeks. Thanks in advance. Julie

Can you forward me any pictures of the tops I made for you. I’m having a website made “Dirt Road Land Cruiser Tops” should be up & running in a few weeks. Thanks in advance Julie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom