What quiet exahuast recommendation for 1994 FJ80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a full replacement of exhaust. Don’t want loud performance type. Bosal? Recommendations and place to buy. Thanks!

If i remember right (and I'm not saying i am) a few Mud members who used Bosal exhaust systems had problems with them. So you might want to do an advanced search in the 80 series section, using Bosal as the key word to see what threads come up before you spend any money.

You'll be replacing the bosal in 5 years. Get a magnaflow y pipe, walker direct fit muffler and take them to a local shop and have them fill in the rest if you can't do it yourself
I have the walker muffler but only for about one year so I can’t speak to its longevity but it is quiet and fits perfectly. I paid $114 at Summit.

Last edited:
I just had a custom y pipe built to tuck the exhaust in the frame and deleted the cats, and resonator and just used a 2.5” tubing to a flowmaster 50. Sounds good at low speeds but howls on the freeway so I’ll be redoing it and fitting (2) 30” flowmaster mufflers on it because I can’t stand the noise.

I just had a custom y pipe built to tuck the exhaust in the frame and deleted the cats, and resonator and just used a 2.5” tubing to a flowmaster 50. Sounds good at low speeds but howls on the freeway so I’ll be redoing it and fitting (2) 30” flowmaster mufflers on it because I can’t stand the noise.
Where are you gonna hide 2 30s?

Thanks all. Question. Would a 1996 oem exhaust system fit a 1994? The configuration of the Y pipe with the two cats is the same, correct? Might get a used in good shape. Thanks!

Thanks all. Question. Would a 1996 oem exhaust system fit a 1994? The configuration of the Y pipe with the two cats is the same, correct? Might get a used in good shape. Thanks!
Another difference if i remember right, on the 94 the 2 cats are mounted side by side. The 95 to 97 the cats are mounted 1 in front of the other. The O2 sensors on the 94 are both mounted in front of the cats, the 95 to 97 they are mounted 1 in front of the cats, and the other after the cats.

Another difference if i remember right, on the 94 the 2 cats are mounted side by side. The 95 to 97 the cats are mounted 1 in front of the other. The O2 sensors on the 94 are both mounted in front of the cats, the 95 to 97 they are mounted 1 in front of the cats, and the other after the cats.

You are correct. Would it still work underneath? I would think so. The underneath of both trucks is the same. It shouldn’t throw a check engine light? Would you see it hanging underneath from a side view?

You are correct. Would it still work underneath? I would think so. The underneath of both trucks is the same. It shouldn’t throw a check engine light? Would you see it hanging underneath from a side view?
I replaced my dual side-by-side setup with a single cat off of MagnaFlow y-pipe. As long as you have both your O2 sensors before the cat you can put exhaust however you want it. The 96 will work just fine it will just go under the frame instead of over like it does right now

I replaced my dual side-by-side setup with a single cat off of MagnaFlow y-pipe. As long as you have both your O2 sensors before the cat you can put exhaust however you want it. The 96 will work just fine it will just go under the frame instead of over like it does right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom