PSA: Do NOT try OPT7 LEDs in your LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to give their H1s a try in the low beams, but the LX projectors do not like these (or probably any LEDs) at all. Worse light than my worn out halogens.

Best option remains an HID kit (I went with Morimoto but have had good luck with DDMTuning in the past), though I'm curious to see how high quality halogen H1s compare.

Also, if you haven't already, upgrade your 9005 bulbs in your high beams to 9011. You just have to trim the top tab, google it. Huge upgrade in high beam lighting. Also the cheap Phillips/Sylvania (both are Osram I believe) put out more light than the expensive ones per another mudder's testing.

i would only run stock or retrofit hids...

running hids on our projectors is not right and still blinds oncoming drivers.

i would only run stock or retrofit hids...

running hids on our projectors is not right and still blinds oncoming drivers.

You are probably right, I am not super happy with the results from my HID kit. The driver's side looks right but the passenger side doesn't match and has an odd pattern. The HIDs I put in my 2014 Camry were amazing, not the case here. Aside from the squirrel finders, the lights are well condensed below the cutoff, but I'm not getting nearly as much throw as I expected, it is more like running with extremely bright fog lights. I'm going to try Sylvania's zXe H1 bulbs and see if that restores my beam pattern - I have a feeling the factory projectors will work better with H1 bulbs. Also, the passenger bulb flickers as it warms up, which I think is a defect (had something similar in my Camry, had to replace the bulb).

Update: switched to Sylvania Silverstar Ultras (instead of zXe at the recommendation of multiple people) and am much happier. The lights have a lot more throw than they did with the HIDs. Looks like you're better off with quality H1 bulbs unless you do a full retrofit. With the 9011 high beams, quality H1 lows and my Rigid floods coming I think I'll be good to go. I also prefer that the waterproof housing be maintained with the H1s.

Pics, HID on the left:

df214c2e82.jpg

284efd12c6.png

With both H1s:
b6acdcbee2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom