Overland Expo East: “Total Poop Lasagna” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So for those of you lucky enough not to have tried to go this year, it was a complete organizational mess. I’m linking to a website someone made to vent. They aggregated a bunch of other people complaining online and the off-road/overland community really needs to be aware of this s***show if for no other reason than to shame the organizers into getting it right.

There’s plenty of first hand accounts referenced on the website and I’ll add my two cents that as compensation they refused a refund and offered me ONE free ticket to next year’s event even though we bought FOUR this year.

Overland Expo East 2018 | The Overland Expo Disaster | Overland Expo

(It cracks me up that that website name was up for grabs and someone bought it just to bitch about it)

That was a MAJOR oversight not to buy all/most of the domains that people could type for their event for redirects... Hell, they didn't even buy the .com for the name of the event! It would have only cost $10 a year to buy that domain. It seems doubtful that they will get overlandexpoeast.com back for less than $10k now!

Sorry to hear that, we were planning on attending the west coast next year. Any comparison?

No idea, this was our first attempt at going to either. I really hope they are learning some lessons though because I don’t know where else people can go to see these kind of things in person all in one place. SEMA?
And SEMA certainly can’t incorperate all of the teaching/lectures/hands-on training you can get at an Overland Expo. But even those were cancelled due to mud and those people must be livid because those type of tickets are not cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom