Looking for shop recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody!

I just moved to LA from Texas, and I need to get some work done on the front end of my LX470. I'm getting lots of popping and snapping from the front end during braking and cornering, so it seems like I'm up for some new control arms up front, or ball joints at least if it makes more sense financially. I would do it myself, but my apartment doesn't have the space to have my vehicle on jacks for that amount of time.

Does anybody have any shop recommendations in the area that work with cruisers a lot? I'm in West Hollywood, close to Melrose and La Cienega, but I am fine with traveling within 45min - 1 hour for the right shop.

Thanks in advance!

--
Jackson

That is exactly what I was looking for, Dragos. Thank You! My search didn't yield any results for what ever reason.

Hello everybody!

I just moved to LA from Texas, and I need to get some work done on the front end of my LX470. I'm getting lots of popping and snapping from the front end during braking and cornering, so it seems like I'm up for some new control arms up front, or ball joints at least if it makes more sense financially. I would do it myself, but my apartment doesn't have the space to have my vehicle on jacks for that amount of time.

Does anybody have any shop recommendations in the area that work with cruisers a lot? I'm in West Hollywood, close to Melrose and La Cienega, but I am fine with traveling within 45min - 1 hour for the right shop.

Thanks in advance!

--
Jackson
Just stay away from KnH in Canoga Park. What area are you located at in LA?

Apparently there was a change in ownership.
Those in the valley know a lot more about that place. I believe Joey, which recommended the place a while back, now says to use caution.

Just ask around.

Apparently there was a change in ownership.
Those in the valley know a lot more about that place. I believe Joey, which recommended the place a while back, now says to use caution.

Just ask around.
Yes I’m one of them...Richard sold it and it turned to s***.

I'm looking for a shop or individual who can rebuild a 1FZ or swap in one that they have. Rig starts and runs, so can be moved around. Can bring it to you.

I'm looking for a shop or individual who can rebuild a 1FZ or swap in one that they have. Rig starts and runs, so can be moved around. Can bring it to you.
There’s TLC in Chatsworth but that’s big $$$. There is another smaller place in as well in chatsworth that works on imports but I’ll have to look up the name. I know a few people who got their older 4Runners rebuilt from them and they do so so work.