$50,000 Pig ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did I see that right??? 50K for the 77 on epay. A lot of great pictures including ones that look like rust kudzu is creeping out of hidden corners. Dash looked a bit rough also and engine had sad looking bits poking out here and there. Not trying to tear it down it’s just that it looked so awesome yet minor detailing got left behind, for 50K.

Makes me feel great about my sow, gonna get her a heating blanket, a gold dipstick and maybe some bonbons, being a California car and all.

Oh and maybe a frappe latte with a cherry twist

I saw that too on Bring a Trailer. Coincidentally, that Texas Seller purchased it not too long ago from the same gentlemen I purchased mine from in Phoenix. Small world I guess. I love the sales price.

Sorry, it was bring a trailer not eek-pay

Here’s a pic of my pig before I bought it and the pricey pork before the Seller purchased it. Same spot.

EFF76ECB-0D31-4077-8528-1B282ED0970D.jpeg

8620851F-7203-4E97-BC3D-C2106AD5EBE7.jpeg

It’s a win - loose, a high value is great for all of us who own one, but too high a value means this particular one will likely never get used as it should again.

Hank, Is your's the other one that was owned by Mrs. Bairds Bread Company? That's some interesting history behind those pigs.

Deo, my pig was a 77 as well with no stamped toyota tailgate. I'm guessing that was the year they stopped doing it.

Hank, Is your's the other one that was owned by Mrs. Bairds Bread Company? That's some interesting history behind those pigs.

Deo, my pig was a 77 as well with no stamped toyota tailgate. I'm guessing that was the year they stopped doing it.

Let’s hear the bread story!

Huh. I knew the letters went away with the arrival of the 78 tail lights. Didn’t realize it disappeared in 77 though.

Supposedly mine came from NorCal (but not the coast) so I don’t think it was Ms. Baird’s.

I saw that too on Bring a Trailer. Coincidentally, that Texas Seller purchased it not too long ago from the same gentlemen I purchased mine from in Phoenix. Small world I guess. I love the sales price.

Interesting.

How is the Phoenix persons work?

Mid 77. No stamp.

1978/79 the whole tailgate is different.

Transitional year. Same tailgate. Different markings

No. The other Baird bakery truck was my pig Wilbur.

C55E4C34-49F5-49AB-BC9F-DFFC62C254F5.jpeg

Was a fun one to watch..price doesn’t bother me a bit. Either way the more bacon around makes me happy!

Elite Land Cruisers out of Katy TX bought the truck on eBay.

I follow them on IG.

The IG person calls it “the Founder’s Pig” so I’m assuming the IG Elite Cruiser person works for them.

Anyway after a tease post they were going to sell it I forwarded it to a friend. He called.

$30,000 was the cash price. I think elite Land Cruisers is glad he did not buy it.

Hope it was not a scam bid for them. $25,000 profit is legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom