Installed a 4Runner TRD shifter in my ‘16 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here’s a cheap upgrade that works.

I bought a TRD shifter for my the 4Runner Santa is bringing my son (which is totally bad @ss by the way - pic below). The color didn’t match the 4wd shifter on his truck.

So I tried it on my LC (my stock shifter was worn from my hand and looked bad). I really like it. Great upgrade.

Matches the texture and color of the dash and glove box exactly (pics make it appear lighter). Metal color matches the area below shifter exactly. Stitching matches stitching around dash (although stitches are red).

It looks a lot better and feels better when shifting. I wouldn’t normally have bought something like that but it’s worth doing particularly if your regular shifter is worn out.

Here’s the shifter in my ride.
63D3AAC1-E581-48C0-98BD-CF579500D914.jpeg

FEEB5624-D03C-4F06-8BF5-D70B8CBD085E.jpeg

2F85008F-7DEA-4BCA-8B0D-A0CD26FF68B1.jpeg

And here’s his 2014 4Runner.

3B50326E-76DB-4349-BD6D-A9072788E4E4.jpeg

FBFDA40E-01B2-425D-A227-889C94E663D8.jpeg

Actually matches the interior really well! What year LC do you have. Mines a 2010, with not nearly as much of a “metal” facade on the console. My shifter is VERY worn, might have to give this a go.

If anyone has found a great shifter that is significantly SHORTER than the stock knob...I’d be grateful to know about it.

Would offer helpful clearance below my iPad mount position. :)

Can I get it in tan leather?

Just bumped into this little guy I made with a Dremel tool when I was bored as a teenager... Gear shift? (Haha...don’t worry. Not gonna happen. ;) )
:)

upload_2018-11-19_20-57-58.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually matches the interior really well! What year LC do you have. Mines a 2010, with not nearly as much of a “metal” facade on the console. My shifter is VERY worn, might have to give this a go.

lol mine is a 2016

It does look nice, though I'd prefer one without the TRD on it. That's a pretty amazing gift for you son too - I'm sure his friends will be extremely jealous!

I would prefer without the TRD on it too, but its very small. The pattern on it around the "TRD" matches the pattern on the top of the 16+ dash exactly. Its the same black material.

I took my shifter off last night... Sheesh. The metal rod extends WAY into the shifter...meaning even a small replacement will sit quite high.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom