Thule Rack on 98 100-series (need measurements) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

piecemeal

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello. I am mocking up a rack surco roof rack to put on a 98 100 series truck and I may need to drill some of the Thule Crossroad mounts that utilize the square load bars to mount the rack. Anybody out there running the Thule Crossroad mounts and square load bars?? I need to know the exact distance between the inside of the feet (side to side) on the top of the bar. I don't have the truck at my house or I'd do it myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated and pics would be great of where exactly you took measurements!!

Cheers!!:cheers::cheers:

I am slightly confused. Which measurements are you looking for? I understand it to read you want the length of the bar in between the feet that is not inside the mounts?
IMG_4122.JPG

you can text me a pic of it too if you can't upload here....978-770-3395

Thanks again!! :):)

RTMQ5562[1].JPG

From this edge to the other edge.

And the factory roof bars are the same distance front to back (not wider in the front and skinnier in back)??

Thanks!!

The first photo is an old one. Unfortunately my rig is currently loaded for a trip. Here is what I can get right now. Appears to be about 44 3/8" or so. The other two Thule bars have too much stuff on them to get an accurate measurement. Maybe someone else can measure their cruiser? Sorry
IMG_4215.JPG
IMG_4216.JPG

100 series rack is same width back to front. Not all 100 series share the same rack width though.... the 2 different widths are about an inch apart though.

100 series rack is same width back to front. Not all 100 series share the same rack width though.... the 2 different widths are about an inch apart though.

did the 98's vary at all do you think??

Thanks for your efforts TXSunDevil.

did the 98's vary at all do you think??

Thanks for your efforts TXSunDevil.

My 1998 LX is about 44 15/16" inside to inside. There is a thread on here that goes into a bit more detail about the different roof racks that were installed in 100s.

Thanks TXLX100. The guy I’m
Doing this for said his are 45”, so I’m guessing he’s got the same setup as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom