Spare Tire Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My PZJ75 has the spare tire mounted underneath the truck bed, but I have noticed there are a few trucks that have the spare tire mounted in the bed against the rack behind the driver.
Was it an option from Toyota or was it fabricated ?
Does anyone know about this mount?

Thanks....

image.jpeg
Every Ute that I have owned had a factory setup next to the cab.

I looked up those part numbers on PartsSouq and the metal parts are still available.
I would like to see an exploded drawing so that I can research the fasteners and any other misc. items required.
Searching on PartsSouq I only found hard tops; no trucks or Utes.
What vehicle model number did you use to research those parts?

Thanks again Beno.....

Anyone have a picture of the tire mount in the truck bed ??

Last edited:
Honestly, my recommendation is to send Onur (beno) a check. If you’re not aware he specializes in parts sourcing and can get you what you need.

Honestly, my recommendation is to send Onur (beno) a check. If you’re not aware he specializes in parts sourcing and can get you what you need.
Thanks for the reminder... I should have known that considering all the parts information he provides the forum.

Last edited:
ColdTaco,

Thank you for the picture; that clarifies a few of my questions.
I just need to determine what size bolts to purchase to install the mount.
Looks like you are moving the mount from the drivers side to the passenger side.

I received almost all the parts from Partssouq UAE; still waiting for the T handle.
Just wondering if anyone has this style spare tire mount installed in their truck.
Could you post a picture of the mount assembled with and without the tire in place OR provide a exploded drawing of the assembly.

Thanks....

PS. Many thanks to Beno for providing the part numbers.

Part of the setup is what I have, but your mount is different than mine. Mine has a mounting brace that bolts to the truck bed with 8 bolts, there is a hold down that slides over the threaded rod which fits into the rims stud holes and then there is a T handle that you spin onto the threaded rod to tighten down the tire to the back of the truck bed.

Thank you for the pictures...

Part of the setup is what I have, but your mount is different than mine. Mine has a mounting brace that bolts to the truck bed with 8 bolts, there is a hold down that slides over the threaded rod which fits into the rims stud holes and then there is a T handle that you spin onto the threaded rod to tighten down the tire to the back of the truck bed.

Thank you for the pictures...
What you describe sounds like the setup on my previous Ute's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom