Quick help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know the screw size for 77-78 fj40 lower dash pad screws and also size or source for the upper plastic vent defrost guides that had the plastic rivit.
Thanks all

Anyone know the screw size for 77-78 fj40 lower dash pad screws and also size or source for the upper plastic vent defrost guides that had the plastic rivit.
Thanks all

this is what i use for the dash pad mounting screws

Forget ace hardware or home Depot .....................

Use only OEM toyota hardware

DSCN8316.JPG
DSCN8317.JPG

Thanks Matt... is that for lower dash? Also plastic rivet for upper plastic defrost piece?

Thanks Matt... is that for lower dash? Also plastic rivet for upper plastic defrost piece?

as far as i know they are dealer Disc.

try Mike @Cruiser Corps , he has a Very Large Inventory of used Land Cruiser parts

the screws are for Upper dash pad

the lower ones are clips , arent't they ? its been a while

plastic rivits are removable ( and can put in place again)
the plastic rivits are in two parts ( the body and the central plastic shaft ) this plastic shaft is removable with steel axle of 2mm

plastic rivits are removable ( and can put in place again)
the plastic rivits are in two parts ( the body and the central plastic shaft ) this plastic shaft is removable with steel axle of 2mm

Yes plastic rivets are easy to remove. Slightly push the stud in the middle down little and they come right out.

If you need new ones..... we usually use Auveco push clips in place of the rivets. If you have a local body shop supplier in town they most likely carry them.

Also.... if the size is a little bigger, you can easily drill out the hole a little to accommodate a bigger clip.

Please don't tell anyone that!!! I may be judged by all the purist.

Yes plastic rivets are easy to remove. Slightly push the stud in the middle down little and they come right out.

If you need new ones..... we usually use Auveco push clips in place of the rivets. If you have a local body shop supplier in town they most likely carry them.

Also.... if the size is a little bigger, you can easily drill out the hole a little to accommodate a bigger clip.

Thanks...would you be so kind as to tell me what size of the Auveco push clips?

They will rain brimstone and fire upon you!

So what do I use?

if mike @cruisercorps does not have any used ones , I know SOR.com does most likely ,

I am not a big Phan of promotion of them for a host of past issues i have had , including how they talk down to customers on the phone

but , sometimes there the only game in town too ..........:frown:

they are re-useable , all u need is a 1/8" and 3/16" drift punch and Kid glovez

Parts Listing

Buy

Quantity

Part Number

Description

Price

In Stock

120-22

DEFROST GUIDE RIVETS -
Attaches defroster duct to windshield frame - Fits 1/75-1984 FJ40
Club Price with 15% Discount is $ 2.71 Click here for info about joining Club SOR

https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov

yes.png

images789.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom