Dang it! Getting Engine codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm just venting,:mad: haven't done any diagnostics yet.
I just put the intake manifold and throttle body back on after redoing all the vacuum lines and VSV to take care of a P0401. Fixed that, now I'm getting:

P0100 MAF circuit A, P0110 MAF temp, and P0120 throttle position sensor.
And according to the voltage reading (V=0) my upstream O2 censor is dead.
And idle is wierd, was 600/640 now it 800/1000 and after a couple of minutes drops to 600ish for a bit then back up to 800/1000.

None of these were giving me problems when I took it apart. :bang:
I coated all the connections with Dialectic Grease before reassembly to keep out moisture. The grease should not be a problem, but I'm tempted to hose it out with contact cleaner and see if the error codes go away.:censor:

Probably just a loose plug or two or a missed ground wire or... I'll dive into it when it quits raining.

Last edited:
Now you've went and done it, you've open Pandora's box when you took the manifold off to fix the VSV. All kidding aside, since it was working before you took it apart, I'd recheck all the vacuum lines, and electrical connections to make sure everythings been reconnected correctly.

It sure feels like Pandora's box, either that or Mr. Murphy is dancing in my engine bay. LOL
its supposed to stop raining tomorrow, so I'll start poking around on Saturday.
It's incredibly frustrating to put it all back together after 2 months of down time while base-lining to fire it up and find new codes.
Even if they are easy to attribute to my mucking about under the hood.
Its rough on my pride.

I'm guessing its going to be a flaky ground. There's a big one that gets attached at the fire wall that I did't polish bright before reattaching.

Remember dielectric grease actually has insulating properties (won't allow current to flow). If you stuffed a bunch in the connector, it could cause problems. You generally just want a small amount for lubrication around the mating surfaces, gaskets or o-rings.

Unplug the MAF connector and make sure its plugged in properly. Seems like your codes are related to that connector.

Back up and running code-less again.
I sprayed the connectors down good with CRC Contact cleaner and blew the remaining grease out with an air nozzle, nasty slimy crap went every where, should have done that under a rag...DOH! :slap:

OH well live and learn. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom