Builds AK HJ-75 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some of the stuff to be fixed

4353D0F8-545A-4F8C-AD50-BDFC8C5D3171.jpeg

5A5A6205-25DF-4175-9B3C-13504441EF48.jpeg

F1CCE456-B65A-4901-A608-2DE9604CCFD7.jpeg

Hello,

Rust never sleeps... How bad is it?

Juan

it's probably more hard to get to than really bad.

I would open up that front body mount. You can see rust is in the seam where the bottom of the body mount meets the firewall and the floor pan. Three layers of metal there, it hides down in there.

Bottom of B pillar and rocker are basically connected but on the pickup it is probably a little different. I would try and seal that up after repairs.

Cheers

Looks like if you can keep that welded floating nut for the door hinge structure in place, then the cutting
and grafting new metal should be fairly straightforward. Making sure you can keep that bracket location
proper will be a bit tricky. Good luck with it. Looks like you got it early enough to fix.
Did you check the pocket right at the bottom of the footbox outside? Both sides of every 74 I've
seen have needed to be worked there. I rebuilt both sides of mine. Since you have the doors off, good
time to get everything.

Looks like what I’m dealing with on my cab. Some areas are better than yours and some are worse. I have to totally redo one side where the door hinge goes. Backing plate rotted away.

What year is this truck? Is this the same as a BJ74 or are they different? They really looks the same to me. Maybe finding a donor front cowl might be in order? Might be cheaper and easier
in the long run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom