120 series Photos! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80eHqi.jpg
vztvHW.jpg

Shakedown on Sunday. These are linear "super heavy" slinky rear springs. They are tall, work for long travel out back. My aux tank is half full in this Pic. Needed to fight the weight and progressives were using the whole first stage for weight handling.

ED686317-2BAB-431A-A857-DDA738468551.jpeg

Just made an account after lurking for a decade or so... Just got some good tires on my '09 GX470 (Low miles with Nav and no KDSS and I'm happy with it). After much thought and research I ended up going with Goodyear SilentArmor tires in 245/75R17. It gets me the height of a 265/70R17 without any rubbing at all and the tire only weighs 40 lbs so I still get 20mpg on the freeway :clap: besides these reasons, I am a huge fan of skinny tall tires!

prado.jpg
pradob.jpg
pradoc.jpg

Those belong to @woody and his wifey

Pearl (the GX) is nicely built. Went out to the falls with them in it.

Appreciate the lic plate blur, but no one wants to steal my daily driver ;)

Painted the rear door to finally match up

C08012D3-1082-4F66-9737-5CD623C2317B.jpeg

That look like a great trip. I was just south of Zions, near Kolob canyon last weekend, not a lot of good views, rain and clouds were rolling your way.

Thx, Not sure yet. Drove it up to Expo East this last weekend... I'm not going to get into the issues here, I'm sure everyone has seen. Did amazingly well on the interstate. It doesn't have KDSS. Plans wise, at the moment I don't know. Seen several vendor rigs and how nice it travels has me debating. I have a '93 80 triple lock torn down to bare roller atm. I'm probably a year away on it at the moment but if I do what I'm tempted to do with it, ie finish the build with the p-pumped 6bt sitting in my former dd 2500 ram, it would be a crazy build. BUT! it is alot of work away and I generally don't have help and work alot. If I decide to go that route I'll keep the GX mostly stock to have a good reliable comfortable DD and road trip/light overland rig. Other option in to cast the other projects to the wind and part out the 80 and sell the ram and use it to fund a substantial part of a build on the GX. Either way I'm probably not going to make a decision for a month or two.

Right now main focus is doing a base line on the GX. I was unable to ascertain from the dealer it came from, Lexus record, or Carfax if it had its 90k timeing belt and any other service past 36k which was the last logged in Lexus history. Its in too go of condition to have not been maintained by someone but with nothing in system I have to assume it wasn't done. I have done timing belts before myself but I dont hav ethe time or space to do it atm so I'm going to schedule a belt and water pump service in the next week or two. The rest I will do. Planning on complete AMSOIL fluid replacement top to bottom in trash change out. Upgraded rotors and pads. As well as addressing some paint finish issues at the back door, full clay bar and buff, fix some paint dings from doors opening into it and possibly having it ceramic coated. It also is going to need tires really soon. Looking at General ATX atm.

If I do decide to build the LX it's probably going to get a Metal Tech/Radflo/TC long travel setup (standard front, LT rear), rear Harrop Locker full skids, sliders, front and rear bumpers, drawer system, and rack, etc. Basically a very capable overland build. I do either way plan to fabricate an off road tear drop to go with it at some point as well.

Beyond the base line, maintenance and the cosmetic stuff , I'm just going to leave it alone for now and enjoy having an awesome new ride that I can walk out my door and drive anywhere, anytime without worry for the first time in 3-4 years at least. (have had 3 vehicles between the Ram, the 80 and my street legal rock buggy Samurai and only the Ram is mobile but its trans is still not right)

Last edited:
Buddy of mine took his stock 470 on Hurricane Creek trail with 2 hundy's. The thumbnail is the picture i wanted to post but it wouldn't allow me because the iphone picture format. So here's the Video if yall care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom