Wanted Built 60 series within 2 days of DC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone.

I’m shoppong for another Land Cruiser. Specifically a built 60 series. It should be sorted and run/drive well. Little to no rust. It should have good road manners and have a manual transmission. I like the feel/look of a SOA truck. Happy to travel for the right truck within a 12 hour drive of Washington DC.

How built? Well, I’m flexible and curious to see what’s out there. I love the simplicity of the Toyota straight 6 but I’m not necessarily a purist! Diesel swap, ramjet, Vortec... sure! SOA - preferred!
Built axles, swapped axles.. sounds good!
Bumpers, sliders, borderline armored money truck.. what do you have!?
37+ inch tires (admittedly, mostly for looks! At least I’m honest about it!)

I’m basically looking for a built, go anywhere, reliable family adventure truck I can wheel and go on weeklong expo trips.

Budget is ideally under $15k but I could go up a little for the right truck.

I'm thinking of selling my 86, rust free CA truck, only 147k miles. New H55 and clutch, ARB front and rear bumpers, Trail Tailor sliders, new Tough 2" lift, 5 new 16" Wheel Vintique steelies with new 255/85/R16 BF MT's (33" Pizza Cutters) with Yotatech spacers, desmogged, MAF headers and downpipe, new MAF cat back exhaust with Magnaflow tip, Jim C carb, Bottom end re-sealed, etc etc etc. Sleeping in the garage for the winter.

A Bit farther than you're looking but maybe we could work something out.

Also those U-bolts have since been trimmed down :D

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg

IMG_9666.JPG

IMG_9652.jpg

Last edited:
@HitTheDirt Not quite what I'm looking for but not out of the question. PM sent

It's an old school build, extremely well maintained with service records going back three owners and a folder of receipts a half inch thick. Previous owner was a Mud member who did a lot of really well thought out improvements small and large. And of course I don't want to sell it and had not planned too for a long time..

Also sorry, I'm not trying to hijack your thread!

Last edited:
Bump! And expand thebsearch to within 3 days drive of DC

Like most on here, I’m not actively looking to sell mine but would consider it - especially since I’ve spent the last year building up my 100. If you’re hard over on a manual, this is not your truck. But if you’re interested in a Vortec, 4L60E auto tranny, OME lift, 33s, BMW seats, and a whole host of other upgrades, I would be happy to talk. Oh, and I live in the DC ‘burbs. PM me if you’d like to see it. To that end, if you aren’t interested in mine but want to drive a modified and lifted FJ62 to get a baseline for something else, I’d be happy to let you take mine for a spin.

Hmmm. I’ve never driven one with a vortec (or V8 automatic combo) and although I do prefer a manual, ya never know! I’m planning to check a truck out on Sunday and also have my eye on a truck on BaT right now that I’m thinking will exceed my budget. At the very least, I would totally like to take you up on the offer to come check it out and see it the V8/auto combo is something I might consider.

Like most on here, I’m not actively looking to sell mine but would consider it - especially since I’ve spent the last year building up my 100. If you’re hard over on a manual, this is not your truck. But if you’re interested in a Vortec, 4L60E auto tranny, OME lift, 33s, BMW seats, and a whole host of other upgrades, I would be happy to talk. Oh, and I live in the DC ‘burbs. PM me if you’d like to see it. To that end, if you aren’t interested in mine but want to drive a modified and lifted FJ62 to get a baseline for something else, I’d be happy to let you take mine for a spin.

Not trying to sway you at all as I own a 60 and I wouldn't part with it unless i heard a number that sounded like 30,000. BUT!

Perhaps look into an hdj81? Or something in japan? And I just realized you're in DC. I used to live there prior to CA my whole life and my buddys have been importing various cars including LC's...perhaps something to look into. You'll get a hell of a truck for around that price range to build off of.

I've never done the RHD thing and although everyone says you get used to it, I just think it'll get annoying and its tougher to sell if I ever want to sell it. Not saying I'll never go that route but sort of not considering that right now

Hmmm. I’ve never driven one with a vortec (or V8 automatic combo) and although I do prefer a manual, ya never know! I’m planning to check a truck out on Sunday and also have my eye on a truck on BaT right now that I’m thinking will exceed my budget. At the very least, I would totally like to take you up on the offer to come check it out and see it the V8/auto combo is something I might consider.
Sounds good, man. PM me and we can work something out. I’m not around this weekend but I’m pretty flexible during the week.

Bump! And expand thebsearch to within 3 days drive of DC

so pretty much anything from Alaska south? :) Hope you find what you're looking for my friend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom