Door locks getting weaker progressively & repairing ignition cylinder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I was getting a key programed for my car and the locksmith company and I were going through a cycle of locking and unlocking all the doors. When we kept pressing the lock and unlock button on the door, it was like the door locks were getting weaker and weaker as we continued doing it. I can see that the lock wasn't moving as fast and that I could hear the motor not working as good as we continued.

Does anyone know this could be? Also, I was told that I should get my ignition cylinder repaired because when we were cutting keys, the new ones didn't work all the time, but they worked perfectly in the door locks. This led us to believe that some part in the ignition cylinder is worn.

Thanks for all the help!

The motors in the actuators are weak. Dont use the button to program remotes use the manual switch on the driver's door. I cut my own keys. They are never as smooth in the ignition as the door until they wear a little. I use 100 grit sandpaper to break the sharp edges.

I agree with Trunk Monkey....
The amp draw of activating the door lock actuators multiple times (with the vehicle off) will draw the battery down and as the voltage drops the amp draw increased draining the battery quicker.

The door lock actuator motors are weak. To manually program the locks, watch this video through a couple of times.
It works with the Toyota so I would assume it will work with the Lexus

The door lock actuator motors are weak. To manually program the locks, watch this video through a couple of times.
It works with the Toyota so I would assume it will work with the Lexus

Thanks! This worked the first time for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom