Thinking about selling..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tripledave

SILVER Star
Threads
Having thoughts about selling my 94 xtra cab pickup. Truck is a V6 DLX 5spd, manual locking hubs with 82k original miles. I added SR5 wheels with stock 31x10.5 tires. Truck was purchased new in DFW, I am the second owner still in DFW area. Truck has been garaged its whole life, never seen rain in the three years I've owned it. Interior is close to perfect, manual windows and locks with a sliding rear window.

I really only cruise this thing on nice days or weekend trips around town, it basically just sits in the garage.

What are your thoughts on valuation? I have seen comparable trucks on craigslist and/or fleabay selling for anywhere from 5k to 13k.

1994 Toyota.jpg

Start high, take reasonable offers into consideration. (yeah, I know)

Agree, start high and don't be in a hurry. That is a nice low mile truck that deserves a premium price. If it was a Gen1 in that condition I would be adding lots of zeros to the price.

Very straight truck!
I'd take a bunch of really nice pictures and list it on BAT.
Be interesting to see what it brings.

GLWS!

Nice pics will be taken for sure. As far as BAT, I'll definately do some research and see if that's my best option--never used them before and honestly didn't think my rig was at that level. Thanks for chiming in

IMO - Your truck is defiantly @ Bring a Trailer level. Go for it; pay them the $100 listing fee and see what happens.

Agree about putting it on BAT with tons of pics. You may get 10K+ for it, who knows.

That is a very clean truck!

There's a very clean, low mileage (49k) single cab pickup for sale here in AZ. They are asking $14k.

1990 Toyota 4x4 49,000 Miles

I think that the ext. cabs are a little bit more desirable than the single cabs, but yours does have double the mileage. I'd say somewhere in the $10-12k range would be reasonable. I think $14k for the single cab is a little bit much but at the end of the day it's worth what someone will pay for it.

Throw it on BaT and see what it will go for!

With the 3.0 six, people will want to know if the head gasket has been done. If not, big strike against IMO. Agreed that 14K is too much for the single cab, though I like them more than the extras.

With the 3.0 six, people will want to know if the head gasket has been done. If not, big strike against IMO. Agreed that 14K is too much for the single cab, though I like them more than the extras.

Completely agree with you! A low mileage, 22RE 4x4 Toyota pickup would fetch MUCH more than either of these, simply because the 3.0 is such a crapshoot.

I also agree on the head gasket. Also agree that the 3.0 is a turd and that a 3.4 swap has crossed my mind many times. This rig has been used so very little that the last dealer service (timing/drive belts & water pump) was done in 2009 when it had 75k on it. Remember when i said it now has 82k??? I'm still trying to decide whether I should just keep the thing and daily drive it or sell it in any fashion. I just hate to drive it and diminish the value (or have to clean/detail it to the level it is now which I know is ridiculous but........).

To be honest, when I came to own this truck, I didn't and still don't need it but love having it nonetheless. It's one of those things I always wanted until I got one and now I find myself dreaming of all the scenarios of what other toy I would buy if I sold it.

Either way, all the feedback keeps the wheels turning between my ears. I appreciate it for sure.

Do you mind telling me the dimensions on that bed?

It's a 6ft bed. Pretty sure a long bed was not offered in any configuration in 1994. I can measure exact dimensions tonight when I return from work if you'd like. By memory however:
Outside bed = ~77"
Inside bed (tailgate closed) = ~74"
Width between fenderwells = ~40"

Worth probably $10-12k IMO. The 4x4, 5spd, manual hubs spec is very close to the most desirable combo. The only option missing would be an SR5 interior. I actually don't mind the 3.0 myself, it can be very long-lived with proper maintenance and the added oomph over a 22RE makes the truck more usable.

The key to listing on BAT will be lots of crisp, well-lit photos, especially shots of the underside, and lots of documentation. Spend some time detailing it and organizing all the service records and I think you'll do very well.

Couple more cheap shots just for fun....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In 2003 I flew out to Denver and bought a truck pretty much identical to that, same color, year, equipment, etc, plus it had a cap on it. I had about 120K miles on it and was absolutely rust free. I got it home, took it to the local dealer where they promptly changed the head gaskets (for free). It was a fantastic truck, except for the front seat which was dreadfully uncomfortable (cushion was worn out).

We regularly complain about how terrible the 3VZ V6 engine is, but other than the one time head gaskets issue, that one never ever gave us any trouble.

It was actually my wife's (at the time) truck so she kept it when we divorced, I think she finally got rid of it with over 300K on it, the rust demon was taking over.

holy crap, just looked back at the above BAT sale: went for $17k !?!?!

It’s basically a two year old truck in showroom condition, so not really a bad deal when you figure what a 2 year old Taco would go for. And you’ll be the only guy in town to have a basically new ‘88!