Hj75 factory alloys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey my name's Marcus, I'm a young bloke with an appreciation for older LandCruiser restoring. I'm currently doing a Resto mod on a hj75 series and looking for a specific set of rims for it, the car was an ex ARB show ute back in the day in 1986 and called the "red ute" I picked it up a few years ago and have done a lot of work, panel, chassis, suspension and engine, converting the car to a heavily modified and one of the most 12ht currently known, the suspension is all custom kings off-road racing shocks and springs, chassis stripped and painted, all the electrical work done, gearbox rebuilt, diffs and axles upgrades and just finishing paint and body now having sourced and original tub and style side mirrors, currently the build is in over 50k.
I've contacted ARB, former employees and sales people, magazines etc
I've been trying to source a set of alloy rims that's where featured on the car in a video from 1986 and it's promotional posters.
I've been told the rims are a factory option but Toyota have no documents relevant and told me to check with you, I contacted LandCruiser specific wreckers in hopes of information but even Brad from early LandCruiser spares has never seen a set. If you have any information it would be greatly appreciated.

I dont think they were a factory option, not on a 75 series anyway. And there is nothing made from alloy in the Australian parts list for that year. Some of the 60 series and mid/short wheel base 7* series had chromed steel rims.

What you have on there look like a fairly common alloy rim from the 1970-80s

They look a bit like these old Aunger wheels

upload_2018-11-14_20-4-28.jpeg

Yeah they look likes those or chevoits , any idea if they were made in the same pattern? Thankyou so much for the lwad

No idea, I dont think Aunger are still in business making wheels. . I didnt watch all the video and what I saw was difficult to discern the exact pattern

From what I understand they were a jelly bean style after talking to a welder at ARB who's been there 25 years, I just can't seem to find any 6 studs

ROH also had a similar pattern

custom-made-metal-alloy-wheels-direct.jpg_220x220.jpg

From what I understand they were a jelly bean style after talking to a welder at ARB who's been there 25 years, I just can't seem to find any 6 studs

They were never a big seller for 4wds, you mainly saw that design on Fords and Holdens ect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom