What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Visited a few job sites this weekend with the 80. Just driving it as often as time permits to work out any remaining kinks. Running great. Tons of power at all speeds. Creating the Xmas list of next upgrades for the truck so by spring time it will be ready for a trip behind the rv.

306D3561-85FD-4953-B07C-826211161A98.jpeg

I need more pictures of that bumper. It was nice to meet you.

Early last week I lubed the driveline as it gave me an excuse to try out my set of 12-ton Harbor Freight jack-stands. $150 for all four with several coupons at a sale last month. Would I trust them with 12 tons?, probably not, but they held up the 3 tons of 80 just fine. As a poor man's lift they work great.

View attachment 1830625

I then spent the last 5 days troubleshooting solar installations at schools in Haiti. This solar system below is a school in Port au Prince. (Note the chimneys shading the solar array. This is NOT how you want your array installed. Every little bit of shaded panel significantly cuts down on total power generated. On any given day, between the chimneys and the palm trees, this array only puts out about 60% of what it is rated for.)

View attachment 1830628

300 year old Cathedral of St. Anne's in Anse-à-Veau, Nippes Dept, Haiti. The Bishop has great taste in vehicles :).

View attachment 1830634

I also learned on this trip that drinking beer is an effective prevention against getting Cholera. As it was explained to me by a Dr. on the trip, mild alcohol intake raises the acidity in the stomach and kills many bacteria, including Cholera. Below I am chilling our vaccines :D (using electricity from the above pictured solar power system).

View attachment 1830643
what model is the Bishop's cruiser?

Dropped the 80 off at the dealership for an oil change. A couple years ago, I decided that I'm very likely an 80 series lifer. Looked at f250s, tundras, 200 series, 4 runners, Tacomas, etc at the time. They just don't make em like they used to. Saw this Tacoma Pro today, which contains a whopping 15% Japanese parts for $60,000!
20181113_153748.jpg
20181113_153810.jpg

Dropped the 80 off at the dealership for an oil change. A couple years ago, I decided that I'm very likely an 80 series lifer. Looked at f250s, tundras, 200 series, 4 runners, Tacomas, etc at the time. They just don't make em like they used to. Saw this Tacoma Pro today, which contains a whopping 15% Japanese parts for $60,000!View attachment 1831437View attachment 1831438
60000 for a Tacoma. That is insane. Plus where are the other 25% of the parts from

Market adjustment my arse! :rofl: Dealers can go pound sand with that BS.

Stuff. Enjoying the vastness...

:cool:

Dropped the 80 off at the dealership for an oil change. A couple years ago, I decided that I'm very likely an 80 series lifer. Looked at f250s, tundras, 200 series, 4 runners, Tacomas, etc at the time. They just don't make em like they used to. Saw this Tacoma Pro today, which contains a whopping 15% Japanese parts for $60,000!View attachment 1831437View attachment 1831438
What kind of 80 can you build for 60K!!! Can you imagine ? It would be only a zillion times better than that outdated Tacoma.

What kind of 80 can you build for 60K!!! Can you imagine ? It would be only a zillion times better than that outdated Tacoma.
Well the 80 is drastically more outdated than the Tacoma, but I would gladly pay that much for a brand new (but completely outdated) 80 any day of the week.
Unfortunately though, guys like us on this forum are the microscopic minority. Most new car buyers care about stuff like "tech" and "gas mileage" so severely outdated cruiser sh*t will never make a comeback.

Well the 80 is drastically more outdated than the Tacoma, but I would gladly pay that much for a brand new (but completely outdated) 80 any day of the week.
Unfortunately though, guys like us on this forum are the microscopic minority. Most new car buyers care about stuff like "tech" and "gas mileage" so severely outdated cruiser sh*t will never make a comeback.

I wanted to fit in with the "tech" and the "gas mileage" people so I added this to my cruiser. Believe it or not, when I stop at the gas station people ask all the time if it is an electric version of a jeep, or hummer, or whatever they can think of. (Never mind the new emblem that says "Land Cruiser".

I have 2 solar panels on the roof and many people ask "So it's electric and solar powered". While I'm pumping in 20 gallons of gas, I say yep, she runs on solar. They say wow, and continue drinking their $8 coffee. I guess that "crowd" has too much on their mind to give it a moment of thought.

hy.jpg

Is that extra $10k your Spray-Tan-In-Charge's precious tarriffs at work?

Inflation.

My first brand new 4WD was a 1974 Dodge Power Wagon W200. 3/4 ton, 360 V8, dual 25 gallon tanks, A/C, locking hubs, Adventurer Sport package. $5,338.00 out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom