Noobie! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!
My name is Madison and work at Icon Vehicle Dynamics. I am not here to sell you anything, promise! But i am here if you have ANY questions, comments or concerns! I chose this thread to introduce myself in because out Icon Tacoma is most definitely one of my favorite trucks to play in!
I would love to meet you all and i look forward to the conversations we will have. Don't be shy, say hi! Lets get to know each other!

Welcome to Mud! Why did you guys get out of the business of servicing your customer's shocks? And what is the biggest concern for DIY'ers doing it themselves?

Welcome to Mud! Why did you guys get out of the business of servicing your customer's shocks? And what is the biggest concern for DIY'ers doing it themselves?

We decided to send our customers to approved service centers mainly because we were unable to get your services back out the door to you in a timely manner. We don't like keeping our customers shocks or UCAs for too long since it typically comes off of their daily driver! Sending the shocks to an approved service center, or any shop that is able to do the rebuild will cut your turnaround time in half!
My biggest concern for having a DIY'er rebuilding their shocks would be that they weren't familiar with the process and could end up doing more damage than good, not only to the shocks, but also to themselves. Using a spring compressor, and charging the shocks with nitrogen can be dangerous if not done correctly, which is why, if my customers that call in are not familiar with the process, I usually recommend sending their shocks in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom