Deny's New Landcruiser Farm! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happiness is fresh water! BTW, how do new trucks get stolen? I thought they all had electronic
whatchemecallit's to stop that stuff? Or should you just go back to Old School - better locks?

That's the thing, my truck is not new, it's a 2000, so it's 18 years old and before they started putting the chip in the key and alarms as standard equipment. The theives were stealing the older trucks that were easy to steal for them then driving around stealing stuff from peoples properties like boats, holiday trailers, and ATV's. Then they smashed them up when they were running low on fuel. Two trucks a night were getting stolen in FSJ and Dawson over the summer, it was getting really bad. All I know is that when I get this truck back it's getting a 5 or 7 step anti theft system. ;) Some punks tried stealing my topless 42 out of my back ally a few years back for a joy ride when I lived in town, but due to the kill switches I had hooked up, they didn't get past smashing the plastic around the ignition and buggering up the ignition switch.

Sorry to hear all that. I seriously support death penalty for car thieves. Usually, 95% + of all is done
by 3-5 individuals.
Looking for a diesel truck, older for hauling. Is the 2000 the 24Valve? Is yours standard?
I'd like an older Cummins with 6 spd if the right truck was out there. Not white!

Yes 24 valve. Yes standard, but 5 speed. I had the 6 in my 2003 but didn't like the shifting, I like the 5 speed much better, just probably get better milage with the 6 speed if you highway drive? If you are not partial to the 2nd generation body style, I hear the 2003-2005 have more power and are much quieter with the common rail injection pump. I do have mine chipped so its good on fuel and power, but the noise is still there. I wanted the 12 V but due to having to tow my mini hoe, I needed a bit more towing power. I am very happy with the first year I've had this truck, but warning, they are not cheap if you are looking for good body, clean interior and low mile. I paid $19,000 for mine and have over $40,000 invested now. ICBC ended up paying me $22,000 after they wrote it off, and I had to buy it back and jump though all the hoops to get it fixed and back on the road. I think I could have gotten more from them or made them fix it if I wanted to fight them, but from all the people I talked to, I can fix it back to what I had for that money, although because they now have a salvage title on it, I will only get 80% next time it gets written off (hopefully never, as I want to keep this truck for life.)
CHeers,
IMG_2074.JPG

Thanks for the info. I won't want dually, that much I do know. I won't pull an excavator.
Firewood, car hauler occasionally and ATV. Still road tripping on the 60
Probably the 5 spd would suffice.

Was good seeing you and Amanda on the farm on my way through last month:beer:

Hope no surprises after getting it back and that the truck isn't too badly messed up Deny. Yes they paid the repair value but now you are the one left with the hassle of fixing it and the salvage title. bull**** really.

Cruiserpilot: When I needed a work truck I wanted a cummins, no emissions stuff and DEF, standard and the 4 door cab so that meant newer than 2003 but not too new. Got this 2005 3/4 ton in good shape but 300k and no history of major service done. Kept it stock but added air bags to keep it level when I have the side by side loaded on the back. Has enough power for my use and fuel mileage is pretty good. The 6 speed isn't the smoothest shifting but got used to it. Gearing is great though both for highway and trail. Just the rest of the truck that isn't good on trails, but that's why I have the cruisers. Down side for me is it seems to have taken over from my 60 as the family camping rig. compromises..

View attachment 1817546

View attachment 1817547

Thanks Martin, Did you get anything? My dad was up for a few weeks and just got a white tail.

No suprises but the body work will be expensive and sounds like not till mid November to get it done, so essentially I will be without it for half a year! Still have to haul it PG for structural assessment which will be a pain in the butt in the winter!

Didn't while I was there. Actually didn't see anything and only heard a couple faint responses from bulls. Timing would of been much better for elk but a bit early for moose and the area we were in isn't great for elk. Dad stayed about 10 days after I headed back home and got a real nice bull moose.

Update on the farm, lots done this year, drained a lot of wet spots, bought mower for rainy summer, built fence around yard to stop moose eating apples, gardens did good, got decent garlic, threw a few culverts in on trails or field access, got a mini donkey, bottle fed it till it got into the field with the rest of the herd that seemed to grow again this year. Anyway all in all a pretty decent year considering.
61678494086__EC8B5826-F2B4-48DB-ACC5-EDE86D9449E1.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3044.JPG
IMG_3072.JPG
IMG_3143.JPG

Now getting ready for winter as I post this ;)
IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3267.JPG

more
IMG_3300.JPG
IMG_3304.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3508.JPG
IMG_3510.jpg

Final bit, built pad for storing junk too ;)
IMG_3543.JPG
IMG_3545.JPG
IMG_3546.JPG
IMG_3547.JPG
IMG_3548.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom