Do our lc's have the home light feature that turns on drl when unlock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of I'm cars turn on the drls when I unlock the car.. Do our lc's have this feature that we could probably turn on and off via techstream? Sometimes I park the car on very dark places and want some lighting when I approach it..

Unsure of the LC's.

The LX's certainly have this feature. Side step lights, under lights, and puddle lights projecting from under the side mirrors.

HI teck, so for the lx these lights you mentioned would light up when the door is unlocked. Is there a setting on he light switch that needs to be set before this is activated? For the Porsche for example the light switch should be set to "home" for this to happen... Thanks for the reply

I'm not aware of a switch to change the exterior lighting behavior (though there could be one in techstream). The exterior lighting will respond and turn on based on proximity to the vehicle, or if I manually unlock it.

The interior lights do require that they be set to "auto" to illuminate.

The Diode Dynamics flasher relay upgrade offers something close to what you want. They advertise park lights on lock and unlock. On my 2008 LC, they only lit on lock. You can adjust the time duration in ten second intervals from no illumination to 90 seconds, I believe. With their extra bright LED bulbs, it does throw out some light. I just noticed though that having the entry light on was screwing with my remote start, so entry light is off for the season.

I’m not positive but I think your headlight switch has to be on “Auto”

Ok that puts me in a box. Mine doesn't have the auto switch. Maybe if I just keep it on park...

Unsure of the LC's.

The LX's certainly have this feature. Side step lights, under lights, and puddle lights projecting from under the side mirrors.

Hmm are the puddle lights a setting somewhere? My LX does not so that. It has running board, interior, and sill lights when the doors are opened.

Honestly surprised no puddle lights.

The stock ones are pretty subtle and can be missed. You should see a clear lens under the side rear-view mirror that projects light downward.

Couldn't find a good pic of the LX. Here's what a LED upgraded RX looks like which ours is very similar to.

IMG_1633.jpg

Last edited:
Took a pic in the garage.

I must have remembered my LX470, as it had understep lights and sidestep lights.

The LX570 has puddle lights and step lights. No under lights.

I upgraded my bulbs to LEDS many moons ago so they are brighter than the original bulbs. I car camp a lot with my kids so wanted to make sure all the lighting wasn't a big draw on the batt.

etM6uEPUmA25UkHbEVrl_k9TXdGjXWLEoBB_NbVm8Puj4hsS1gYhtGfzQyCRQG5H7nlLvmldOHLtu8gnc8kKnXnixMp9Y_I9APBHVAaJJl35wsctn8PZr6mhnPiVVRooOxI1akPenH4qToyiCVCdTEO-gmMNzu5iC4dZC5-15tLG16v9dW-3uac8j6Wu6OHBQUUVGCUmtkgfns4fIPdbMU1vGBwFFl449WMie1_HnUWQQt2PzARP97Wq0NBbdjhCVJyprLQ4AU25rZCZOBa-sZoS1kxOmdjGaYVOuuGfGkSDaLhyIofmeV6QOQWyX9tyvd5vgtU8yusTL2bSfPprKhAF8GT2_y6L2GlpXlJi4JOr2jjDh8wrC_8nfp0mZNAid0YDidSdwks5N8vcnfykGLkrT9CxMBd4SosM7-ToTCfnp6qC2HOmFLLexoenb1cSi77aJd49EdY91_26GWtK4kQZshE4xR2cA5VCmxOhbOyOtMfzhBK-txWC38PenV0zeinZx_cVvL6n8AMKKLPG53fD_4MMvT3q8DVNOr3wOsqg0QzCUyLGUwoQZuv5C2_3VUVXUTf8_Idj-hbmFG9cp1EJqGMaNgbEaDFafK99wadlGp6y1Ppo4btw5jAG0tb3KY9crv-FXl-zyKKsXyoNKKumPQ=w1273-h954-no

Took a pic in the garage.

I must have remembered my LX470, as it had understep lights and sidestep lights.

The LX570 has puddle lights and step lights. No under lights.

I upgraded my bulbs to LEDS many moons ago so they are brighter than the original bulbs. I car camp a lot with my kids so wanted to make sure all the lighting wasn't a big draw on the batt.

etM6uEPUmA25UkHbEVrl_k9TXdGjXWLEoBB_NbVm8Puj4hsS1gYhtGfzQyCRQG5H7nlLvmldOHLtu8gnc8kKnXnixMp9Y_I9APBHVAaJJl35wsctn8PZr6mhnPiVVRooOxI1akPenH4qToyiCVCdTEO-gmMNzu5iC4dZC5-15tLG16v9dW-3uac8j6Wu6OHBQUUVGCUmtkgfns4fIPdbMU1vGBwFFl449WMie1_HnUWQQt2PzARP97Wq0NBbdjhCVJyprLQ4AU25rZCZOBa-sZoS1kxOmdjGaYVOuuGfGkSDaLhyIofmeV6QOQWyX9tyvd5vgtU8yusTL2bSfPprKhAF8GT2_y6L2GlpXlJi4JOr2jjDh8wrC_8nfp0mZNAid0YDidSdwks5N8vcnfykGLkrT9CxMBd4SosM7-ToTCfnp6qC2HOmFLLexoenb1cSi77aJd49EdY91_26GWtK4kQZshE4xR2cA5VCmxOhbOyOtMfzhBK-txWC38PenV0zeinZx_cVvL6n8AMKKLPG53fD_4MMvT3q8DVNOr3wOsqg0QzCUyLGUwoQZuv5C2_3VUVXUTf8_Idj-hbmFG9cp1EJqGMaNgbEaDFafK99wadlGp6y1Ppo4btw5jAG0tb3KY9crv-FXl-zyKKsXyoNKKumPQ=w1273-h954-no

Pfran LEDs? Those look awesome!

Thanks. I honestly don't remember as it was that long ago. Not Pfran's though.

been searching....anybody have insights how to change the puddle lights under the exterior mirrors?

thank you in advance

Did anyone ever get any info about the puddle light led upgrade/ installl? I feel like I read somewhere that you just pull gently on the mirror itself in a certain way.. also unsure of what bulb is needed. I've replaced all my bulbs except for these and they kind of stick out now. Any help or insight would be awesome -thx @hblx570 @TeCKis300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom