Front spring spacers question; 15 mm options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

I havent seen many spring spacer options in 15 mm for the FRONT springs. Only thing I see is Snake Racing.
LandCruiser 80 Series 15mm Front Coil Spacers

Spacers seem like a tough thing to mess up. Anyone have experience with these or another 15 mm option?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

-- Beej

Its to level out a lift. I installed 3" Dobinson Variable Tapered on all four corners and the front came in at 4"; too high (rear was just a hair above 3")

Im going move to their 2" Variable Tapered in the front (unless someone has another recommendation) with the hope that it will net me about 2.5" and then a spacer to finish it up.

20 and 30 mm could put me over 3" and then im into driveline issues, etc.

Last edited:
Just add 30mm to the rear. We run 4" lifts on lots of 80s here with no issues on stock original rear DS.

Just add 30mm to the rear. We run 4" lifts on lots of 80s here with no issues on stock original rear DS.
Then I'd be 4" all around?? The front DS is the issue. I dont have a double cardan shaft.

I am in the same boat - currently have OME 2.5" medium lift. Front looks low, rear looks jacked up. I would like to even it out but don't want to go to high.

15mm might be the ticket, 30mm too much?

Then I'd be 4" all around?? The front DS is the issue. I dont have a double cardan shaft.
I have 4" up front and not running a DC shaft (I'm about 4" front, 3.5" rear for a level stance). I mostly read DC shaft need starts at 5" but some rigs seem to act differently.

I have 4" up front and not running a DC shaft (I'm about 4" front, 3.5" rear for a level stance). I mostly read DC shaft need starts at 5" but some rigs seem to act differently.
What castor correction are you using? How could this be? :cautious:

Lots of rigs around here run 4 or more on both ends and probably 2 degrees of caster with plates. Some run DC, some not. Some in phase, some not. Whichever works best. I have 5" of lift with early Slee arms. Had a Slee ? Custom C V when I bought it. Lasted about 75000 miles. Rebuilt with Dana goodies, which has lasted ok for more than 40000 so far. Keep them full of grease.

Fair. Im not interested in chasing potential driveline issues right now. Plus full 4" is adjustable panhards, bump stops, over 3 inch is falling off a money cliff. If I wanted more lift, id dive off but i havent needed it yet. I dragged my 6600 lb 4x4 labs armored butt on every ledge in Colorado last year and scuffed my roller fairlead ever so slightly so thats the issue im trying to address with the lift. (Was getting 1.5 in out of a 50mm kit so i was really too heavy for the variable coils i had)

I havent found a reason to go over 32" tires yet. My axle housings have a couple nics but i only hung them up once in Moab in the Poison Spider Mesa (i think thats what its called). I don't remember what i had to do to get off the rock but that gives you an idea of how tough it was :meh:

This truck is my baby. I would hate to see her grow up too fast lol. I appreciate the encouragement though. A lot of the time around here we act the truck is gonna explode if you arent polite to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom