Can't get T-Belt light to go off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just got my new to me 93 KZJ78G. It had it's timing belt replaced recently but I cannot get the light to go off. I removed the grommet on the cluster and poked the little thing that I think is the reset button, but it will not go out. I did this with the ignition in the on position.

Any ideas?

Thanks

i pulled my cluster out, undo all the screws around the instrument panel, around the stereo and you will see some hidden screws there, remove the hole cluster and unplug and unclip spedo cable(very tight and fiddly), undo the plastic face, lever speedo needle off with two flat head screwdrivers under each side(this little needle is tight feels like it will snap) remove black face of cluster, you will see a second odometre counter with a silly switch, i just mucked around with mine and it reset after the little button did nothing and it worked

Have you turned the vehicle on? On mine i pushed the button with the ignition on and it stayed on untill i turned the engine on. Hth

I tried all that with mine, as it turns out when the odometer is forced back by the dodgy previous owner it screws up all the mechanism , I discovered this when I pulled it apart, the switch was jammed up and all the numbers are a little out of wack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom