Cupholders!!! Are you kidding me?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apparently there are two cupholders tucked away in the top part of the center console armrest.

And this whole time… they’ve just been sitting there a while I’ve been trying to reach around the back and use the rear cupholders.

75A644B8-33EA-466D-AFBB-0FE0DA011B84.jpeg

5BB5C7DD-D338-4EC0-8CF6-697B404212E3.jpeg

Granted, they are not that functional, but still…

I haven't seen that version before. The one have is just a plastic divider in the lower well of the console.

Ya know there are two cup holders right in front of the console though, right? So you don't have to reach behind it :p

I haven't seen that version before. The one have is just a plastic divider in the lower well of the console.

Ya know there are two cup holders right in front of the console though, right? So you don't have to reach behind it :p

Damn, I thought those were Cellphone holders! :joyful:

Took me a while to find those too. Before I did I bought a pair of cupholder inserts that are made for the FJ Cruiser. They fit perfectly in the big slots in front of the console and are a lot easier to use than the hidden ones.

Those are the ones. Not sure what you mean by the cupholder divider. They fit in the big round cupholders that are too big for most coffee cups just aft of the shifter.

They're made for the FJ Cruiser. Probably fit all years.

I also just discovered these a few weeks ago courtesy of another photo on this forum. Never saw the light of day for 15 years. Toyota does a great job of hiding some things.

What sorcery is this? Seems useless though, i'd knock my 46oz big gulp over.

what model and year are the op photos from. i may have to investigate my LX.

From the OPs location it would appear that he has an '06 LX. I have the same cup holders in my '04 LC.

And the same in our 06 LC. I do agree that they are not as helpful as they would seem. One sharp turn and the drink is easily ejected.

Do like the FJ idea.

I love the FJ inserts in my 99. Can't flip the lid over the cup holders any more, but who cares when your drinks are not tipping over.

Those are the ones. Not sure what you mean by the cupholder divider. They fit in the big round cupholders that are too big for most coffee cups just aft of the shifter.
Can you post a quick picture of it to see how it looks? Also does the cup holder lid close easily with these installed?

I love the FJ inserts in my 99. Can't flip the lid over the cup holders any more, but who cares when your drinks are not tipping over.
Post a picture? Can it be trimmed a lil to fit? I’ll like to close mine... I’m anal!

They're standard on the 03+ models. i guess they figured we need more drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom