Front bumper options that aren't too big (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are 2 factory bumpers for the 200 in Australia. 1 in aluminum and 1 in steel. They will not ship them to America.

There are 2 factory bumpers for the 200 in Australia. 1 in aluminum and 1 in steel. They will not ship them to America.

Dealers will not ship it, but if you find a willing vendor you will get it. That is how I got the push bar from Australia.
IMG_1004.jpg

So what happens to these bumpers when you hit a deer (or a kangaroo)? They don't look they provide much protection. I know I'm looking for a modest amount of protection but these look too small? Any corner protection?

Thanks, @brasskey! The pics and the 2016 experience are very helpful. And since you are in the Denver area I think I'll take you up on a meetup. I'll PM you about that. Though not in a rush as this is likely an early 2019 purchase. One more thing that others may be interested in. Did you do the install or did you have someone do it for you? And how did you order/purchase the bumper? Was it through the installer? Any issues with availability? How long did it take to receive it?

Dan

I've installed quite a few ARB bumpers in the past and wasn't intimidated by this one as it was a full replacement. But, I was also needing to get my BP-51s installed and I felt more comfortable having a shop do the suspension. So, I just had the bumper shipped to Slee and they did the lift and bumper all at once.

As far as ordering, TJM didn't have this bumper in stock in the US. Not sure if that is still the case. If it is, you can work with Wes at TJM and he will order and ship to the dealer of your choice (or yourself if that's what you prefer). I believe it took about 3 months to get here to US.

One more question on the TJM. In the pictures it looks like there is both a rectangular LED light and some type of circular light on each side of the bumper. Am I seeing that correctly? If so, which is the "fog light"? Is it possible that the rectangular lights (if that is what they are) could be used to have sideways-directed "flood" lights to augment the standard stock light setup? (I am thinking that if I put lights on the top of the bumper inside the "hoop" that I will impact the view of the forward looking camera.

The fog lights are the circular lights on the inside. The rectangular lights on the outside are combination driving/turn signal lights. The inside are white LEDs that come on with headlights. The outside are amber LEDs for turn signal.

bXoE3aO.jpg

o6y7I41.jpg

Yep, saw those in my research. They're a bumper cut version. Wonder if they get those made from ARB or TJM.

WjuyZiS.png

UF3PEWI.png

I always thought something like the Slee "Short Bus" for the 80 series would look good on the 200.

MAIN-Slee-Off-Road-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Bumper-12-11-12.jpg

If I get a bumper, one of the reasons for it would be to protect from deer strikes. So I would want a hoop that reaches up to the level of the hood, like the TJM13. That "short bus" bumper doesn't provide as much protection as I want. YMMV.

Speaking of “hoops...”

I’m pretty sure @M1911 knows this, but for potential lurkers or newer folk thinking of protection...

Many owners end up with products that look protective, but that really aren’t at all.
Keep in mind that the “hoops” on several bumpers like the ARB Sahara bar are for LOOKS ONLY. The hoop on the Sahara bar, for example, is made for easy removal and merely connects via two small-gauge bolts. Even if it WAS strong, it only covers the center grill.

Radiator protection is important, but a headlight/fender smash will still ruin you trip.

Nudge bars and brush guards may look strong...but their primary mount point are usually via the two recovery way down by the skid plate. This sets up a massive leverage force on the guards that might be able to handle “brush” or a gentle “nudge” to push a dead car forward a bit (they are properly named, after all!), but a critter has mass, and can easily turn both types into damage multipliers at the bend backward from that low mount point.

If you seek deer & critter protection, a full bull bar really is the way to go.

Last edited:
Bumping this old thread on the T13 as I am thinking armor lately and the T13 keeps coming up as top of the list.

I keep looking for an alternative, bc my only gripe about the T13 is aesthetics - it’s not as streamlined / light as some of the others. But, as has been pointed out in this thread, there seems to be no better option that holds the function line firm and still looks decent.

So, if I go T13, was thinking why not just throw on the metal pieces that connect the front bumper at the hoops to the front of the sliders (protecting the fenders? Am assuming these are called “dual aerials”, but not 100% certain. Did a quick search in the 200-series threads and couldn’t find any discussions on the dual aerials, if that’s what they are called.

My main question is whether the “dual aerials” are compatible with any slider on the market? Am thinking Bud Built, Slee, or White Knuckle, but still researching. Figure the “dual aerial” consideration *may* filter out some slider options.

Secondarily, has anyone opted for these “dual aerials” - or seriously considered them? If so, mind offering pros/cons?

Bumping this old thread on the T13 as I am thinking armor lately and the T13 keeps coming up as top of the list.

I keep looking for an alternative, bc my only gripe about the T13 is aesthetics - it’s not as streamlined / light as some of the others. But, as has been pointed out in this thread, there seems to be no better option that holds the function line firm and still looks decent.

So, if I go T13, was thinking why not just throw on the metal pieces that connect the front bumper at the hoops to the front of the sliders (protecting the fenders? Am assuming these are called “dual aerials”, but not 100% certain. Did a quick search in the 200-series threads and couldn’t find any discussions on the dual aerials, if that’s what they are called.

My main question is whether the “dual aerials” are compatible with any slider on the market? Am thinking Bud Built, Slee, or White Knuckle, but still researching. Figure the “dual aerial” consideration *may* filter out some slider options.

Secondarily, has anyone opted for these “dual aerials” - or seriously considered them? If so, mind offering pros/cons?

A provision for “Dual aerials” refers to the two spots on the bumper where you can attach an antenna. Aerial=antenna.

I think you mean one of these?

Last edited:
Dual aerials refers to the two spots on the bumper where you can attach an antenna. Aerial=antenna.

Thanks Markuson.

<Edit: Yes, the pic you added didn’t come through on my phone, but see it now. That’s exactly what am referencing.>

WRT the T13, is that compatible w any slider or a specific slider?

Any feedback on pros/cons of adding that on?

Last edited:
<edit: duplicate post>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom