Holy freaking desmog hell...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i noticed that Manfre doesn’t seem to have their 2F desmog kit available anymore...does anyone make one Similiar?

I’ve got a hole bunch of cracked hoses and problems that just seemed to pop up out of nowhere and by the time I buy new hoses and such...I’m gonna be spending close to that kit cost anyway. I’m thinking it’ll be easier to just tear all the smog stuff off in the long run.

Any advice?

Even if you eliminate the air pump & EGR you still need to replace alot of the cracked/broken vacuum hoses.

There are other vendors who make kits, or just make your own. It’s hardware store stuff for the most part + a couple sizes of vacuum hose. Lots of threads here on how to do it.

Last edited:
Hi, Doesn't Jim sell plugs and other parts? Mike

yeah if you go to Jim's seller page on here you will see all the desmog stuff he sells. Pulley, plugs, block-off plate plus recurving the dizzy and rebuilding carb for desmog. Currently waiting on my carb to return from him (hopefully will get shipping notification this week).

You can definitely manage a desmog without buying a kit, I did. Even made a air pump delete pulley with some square tubing and a welder. Then do the $17 dizzy recurve and you're golden
Is it only $17 to recurve the dizzy?

yeah if you go to Jim's seller page on here you will see all the desmog stuff he sells. Pulley, plugs, block-off plate plus recurving the dizzy and rebuilding carb for desmog. Currently waiting on my carb to return from him (hopefully will get shipping notification this week).

Posted by both myself (direct to the products page) and @Spike Strip

@Gsw234 I have the springs and I will send them to you gratis if you want to try it. I didn't see much if any improvement, I think it has something to do with altitude. We are at roundabout 3200 feet and I don't think the MSD springs suit our altitude.

JimC recurve was best money I've spent on my cruiser to date. He does more than just recurve it. It's a top quality refurb of the whole apparatus.

A well running 2F is a majestic creature if not a fast one.

Also, make sure to buy at least 4 colors of silicone vac hose. You want each circuit to have its own color coding. Makes it much simpler to keep all systems straight....

You're in pa, gut it and put antique tags on it...thank me later...
I had jim c recurve my dizzy years ago when I cleaned house...it really woke it up.

View attachment 1817543

20171203_092313.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom