replacement navigation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks nice but I don't see me going the Tesla style headhunt, I don't find myself changing that much stuff and feel it wouldn't be as easy with an all touch screen display like that. I did reply to the new Toyota satisfaction survey and told them an $85k vehicle should have Apple CarPlay and it shouldn't be held up until the LC 300 comes along. They should offer backwards compatible software updates. Especially given they are pulling features off the useless Entune system as it is.

It looks nice but I don't see me going the Tesla style headhunt, I don't find myself changing that much stuff and feel it wouldn't be as easy with an all touch screen display like that. I did reply to the new Toyota satisfaction survey and told them an $85k vehicle should have Apple CarPlay and it shouldn't be held up until the LC 300 comes along. They should offer backwards compatible software updates. Especially given they are pulling features off the useless Entune system as it is.
I told Toyota the same thing when I got my 200 new and took the survey. I’ve also made similar suggestions to them by email and gripe to anyone who makes eye contact at the dealership. I have yet to get the sense that they are listening...

Samsung should also take my Note 8 and magically turn it into a Note 9...
That is not even remotely relevant to the topic at hand. A note 8 to Note 9 is a new model with slightly improved specs, and you also are not spending $85k on a phone. I do typically buy a new iPhone every year but at this years model is more than enough to carry me spec wise.

The Land Cruiser is designed to last 25 years in a 3rd world country given that lifespan I am not asking them to retrofit or make backwards compatible CarPlay for a 2000 series which is an older model, I am asking the make headhunt updstes faster than they do which is every new generation which at this rate is 11 years and count.

Plus Samsung offers an OS update which is more than Toyota does on their Entune Suite which is losing Apps in the coming month, most likely they don't want to pay the licensing fee for those apps. I didn't buy my LC 200 for Car Play but I also shouldn't have to buy another $85k+ SUV that won't last 25 years to get CarPlay either

Every time I ride in a cheap rental with Apple Carplay I wish I had it in my 200. Presently my Nav doesn't work since it spits out the DVD's and the dealer wants $1200 to fix it. Not that I use the Nav anyway but I hate that it doesn't work. But if they could fix the Nav unit and in doing so magically have Apple Carplay included I would probably spend the money.

Just run your apple device on the audio.
Better than apple play.

Get an iPad Mini 4 with Cellular (I got mine for $200 from GameStop
Connect it to bluetooth like you do your phone (you won't need to connect your phone anymore
Get a Smartcase (magnetic) and lay it open over the speaker cover on the dash
Yes I did get a SIM and pay extra $10 for my iPad
I run split screen (why you need Mini 4) with maps and Apple Music (or your music provider of choice)
I enabled Wifi calling on the iPad and allow calls on other devices on my phone so I can make and receive calls on my iPad over cellular without using my phone at all. Even if I don't have it with me it works, just like the apple watch with LTE

Here is what it looks like
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I flip it up if I want to look at reverse camera

I also added a simple Toyota logo to replicate stock look as wallpaper

Last edited:
actually I just realized something in mine. Had the car detailed a month or 2 back....and I lost the function of every other button down the left hand side. this smells a lot like a fuse....

you guys know anything about the fuse arrangement on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom