WARN M8274-70 Limited Edition Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very cool limited edition M8274-70 70th Anniversary with up graded 6HP motor rated at 10K lb pull power and 10 improvements to the 8274

999 limited run worldwide

Warn M8274-70 70th Anniversary Winch

M8274-70_Three_Quarter-600.jpg

M8274-70_Left-600.jpg

M8274-70_Right-600.jpg

8274-70.jpg

Last edited:

Hate to see what they may want for it ....​

But I'm glad to know that it's rated at 10,000 lbs, since I have the same 6 hp motor on mine.

Hate to see what they may want for it ....​

But I'm glad to know that it's rated at 10,000 lbs, since I have the same 6 hp motor on mine.

$2499.99

I have the 6HP motor on mine as well...I was happy to see that it brought 8274 into the 10K pull power range ;)

So, 1974 (when the 8274 came out) is not 70 years ago. Still a nicely upgraded winch. But at $2500 they will have a tough time selling these.

But it does look like some nicely upgraded components, especially the Albright contactor.

Yeah, the Albrights are a great upgrade. I realize you can buy Albrights (generic stuff) from Summit and others for a decent price, but I wonder if Warn will sell these as a retrofit for our older 8274's??

Yeah, the Albrights are a great upgrade. I realize you can buy Albrights (generic stuff) from Summit and others for a decent price, but I wonder if Warn will sell these as a retrofit for our older 8274's??

They sell parts for all of their winches, so I don't see why not - but you're going to pay a pretty penny for the Warn name. When I converted mine to contactor operation 7-8 years ago, the contactor was $100 at Summit or $240 from Warn. The Summit one has worked great all these years (so far).

On motors now, I would recommend spending the money and going Warn. I tried a DB Electric upgraded motor first, because of the low price. Turned out to be a Chinese motor that lasted less than 6 months / one or two wheeling trips before the copper brush contacts fell off the armature. The 6 hp Warn 9.5XP motor was $300 but has always worked flawlessly.

So, 1974 (when the 8274 came out) is not 70 years ago. Still a nicely upgraded winch. But at $2500 they will have a tough time selling these.

Yes, Im guessing it must mean WARN is 70 years old not the 8274 which was 1974, from what I gather...

Yes, Im guessing it must mean WARN is 70 years old not the 8274 which was 1974, from what I gather...

I like that they drilled and tapped the main shaft for a bolt and washer setup verses that C clip.....

Last edited:

I bought the Superwinch sealed contactor from Summit Racing for $110...The Warn Albright was just to much to spend.

They sell parts for all of their winches, so I don't see why not - but you're going to pay a pretty penny for the Warn name. When I converted mine to contactor operation 7-8 years ago, the contactor was $100 at Summit or $240 from Warn. The Summit one has worked great all these years (so far).

On motors now, I would recommend spending the money and going Warn. I tried a DB Electric upgraded motor first, because of the low price. Turned out to be a Chinese motor that lasted less than 6 months / one or two wheeling trips before the copper brush contacts fell off the armature. The 6 hp Warn 9.5XP motor was $300 but has always worked flawlessly.

I just bought another new Warn 6 hp 9.5xp motor for $212 for a second 8274 Im rebuilding...this is one of the best motors to put on the 8274 which Warn has realized now...

Where are you getting that motor at 212$

Ebay, hardpartsfast...they had them for a low price for awhile but looks like there back up to $239.95 now...

Summit racing is $231.99...

I like that WARN is using a "bolt and washer" for securing brake assembly on...wonder if they will sell them as separate parts, I would like to convert mine over...

I copied what you did as i found your posts when trying to upgrade my 8274. Still works great after being in a couple wrecks and submerged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom