Weak Engine Power 1998 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had this LX470 since last December. I have put 20,000 miles on it. The only problem is that the engine kicks the tran into overdrive and stalls with no acceleration. It also loses power going up hills pretty quickly. Now if the road is flat it will hold 75 to 80 no problem. I have tried searching for some answers but with no luck. Does anybody have any suggestions?

What kind of maintenance have you done? Any spark plug / coil work? Are they original? What kind of mileage does your truck have?

Welcome.
Has it been like this since you've had it or a new phenomena?

I'm not familiar with your terrain, but these aren't exactly known for their acceleration, I'm not sure you have a problem.

Welcome.
Has it been like this since you've had it or a new phenomena?

I'm not familiar with your terrain, but these aren't exactly known for their acceleration, I'm not sure you have a problem.

It has been like this since I have had it. I see people pulling campers, trailers, etc with their LX and I know I couldn't do that with mine.

Sounds like a transmission issue to me.
The touqre converter is locking up when it's not suppose to.
There are recent threads with similar problems, all have the four speed transmission like you.

Sounds like a transmission issue to me.
The touqre converter is locking up when it's not suppose to.
There are recent threads with similar problems, all have the four speed transmission like you.

Thank you. I'll see if I can find some info about it. I thought it might be a torque converter issue.

In another thread someone said their throttle cable needed to be tightened or adjusted.

This may be stupid but are your floor mats really thick? They could be getting in the way of the gas pedal as it is pushed down more when going up hills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom