Awwww Crap.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, we've had historic rains in Austin over the last month. Went out to my cruiser and found the pass side filler with....black mold. Seems something was leaking without my knowledge, sun roof drain, window seal, snorkel bracket, idk. Not sure what to do. Carpet is soaked and seat have surface mold, not sure if it's in the foam.

Anybody ever had to deal with this?

15401488438201270097866.jpg

Highly doubt that’s stachybotrys, just because it’s black doesn’t mean it is. Stachy takes a long time to grow in terms of microbial growth, generally over a week at a minimum.

Find and fix the source of water, dry it and then clean the leather.

If you’re overly sensitive to mold, HEPA vac prior to disturbing what you see. Then apply an anti microbial solution, NOT bleach. Bleach does not kill mold.

I’d be far more worried about the source of water than the mold. Sun roof drains would be my first place to look.

Highly doubt that’s stachybotrys, just because it’s black doesn’t mean it is. Stachy takes a long time to grow in terms of microbial growth, generally over a week at a minimum.

Find and fix the source of water, dry it and then clean the leather.

If you’re overly sensitive to mold, HEPA vac prior to disturbing what you see. Then apply an anti microbial solution, NOT bleach. Bleach does not kill mold.

I’d be far more worried about the source of water than the mold. Sun roof drains would be my first place to look.

The water seems to be entering from close to the pillar on the passenger side below the dash. No damage to head liner or dash.

You can use weed whacker cord to clean out sunroof drains.

Best mold killer is boric acid (roach powder) with some vinegar and few drops of soap and half water, then rinse again with vinegar.

You can use weed whacker cord to clean out sunroof drains.

Best mold killer is boric acid (roach powder) with some vinegar and few drops of soap and half water, then rinse again with vinegar.
OK . Weed trimmer line . I have a tradesman oval rack that is doing its best to make this difficult .

Was able to get my eyes on the pass drain hole and it was indeed blocked 100%. I unblocked the hole and threaded the trimmer line down the tube approx six feet. Not sure how far it's supposed to be able to travel.

I then performed a water test. Water started entering the cab on the side of the sunroof. I cleaned the gasket but that didn't resolve the issue. Not sure what to do next.

Check the small openings at the pinch weld underneath both front doors. Clear the back drains too. Rear drain lines exit near the rear wheel well underneath.

Agree with the pinch welds underneath.

I just was in my 80 yesterday with my kid driving now that he has a permit and found water on the floor.

Did the weed trimmer trick and helped but still leaked. I had to clear the very small drains underneath. If it has been spayed with anything underneath it can plug the area where it drains out. I could just barely get the weed trimmer line into the drains going from the bottom up.

Once I cleared out underneath it drained quickly out the bottom and you could see a steady stream instead of a drip.

Good luck
John

I had the same issue all last week. Sun roof drains got clogged and I had to carry a tarp with me to throw over the sunroof everywhere I went until yesterday when it quit raining. I’m to the point that I think I’m going to use seam sealer to seal it shut permanently.
Weed eater line works great to clear them.

Can someone post a pic of where to insert the line? I’ve never had an issue, but I do have a bunch of trees. Crap is always falling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom