Replacement speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am replacing the speakers and radio on my 97 LX450. What is the best size where I don't need an amp or spacers to fit in the doors. I want to keep the stock grills and don't want to have to use a bigger amp because of my budget. Also what is the best replacement sub?

Might want to search for Speaker Replacement. lots of threads on this. variety of speakers that work.

If you go on the Crutchfield site you can see exactly what speakers will fit in your LC and you can order straight from there sight. I recommend them. I recommend investing in a better head unit such as ones that pioneer sells because your cruisers sound quality will increase by quite a bit.

I did use them in the back and used the spacers that come in the box (you have to break the tabs off to do so) to make them protrude enough. I sandwiched the spacers between the door card and the sheet metal so the speaker didn't look spaced out. You'll have to trim the sheet metal to make them fit.

Its not too important to get perfectly fitting speakers for the 2nd row. The black housing can be cut and the speaker can be glued right to the housing, then the stock cover can be used.

The front is hard to fit, I found a post on here that said to order 6.5" and that was definitely a mistake. I now need to make a spacer and I will now have to remove the speaker before I remove the door panel to get access.

Its not too important to get perfectly fitting speakers for the 2nd row. The black housing can be cut and the speaker can be glued right to the housing, then the stock cover can be used.

The front is hard to fit, I found a post on here that said to order 6.5" and that was definitely a mistake. I now need to make a spacer and I will now have to remove the speaker before I remove the door panel to get access.
I have pioneer 6.5 component speakers in my front door and they sound amazing. I did not use the factory speaker grills but the pioneer ones look really good inside the LC.

I think different years have different sizes which was my mistake. my driver drive side measures 6" while my passenger side measures 5.5". My passenger side door is a replacement from an unknown year.

I have a '97 and the 6.5" polks fit no problem in the front. Keep in mind that about 25% of them side behind the dash area where it meets the door but no biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom