PSA: Stainless track bolts for ARB type awnings... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Threads
So I purchased another 2500 ARB and ended up calling ARB to be sure I wasn’t crazy as my first one had square headed stainless nuts and bolts. (No washers)

The newest one came with hex head nuts and bolts. (Still no washers)

ARB said they switched but couldn’t give be real reason why. Something about availability. A square head in the track makes for a slightly better purchase right? I would think so.

I began the hunt for a square headed stainless bolt. Turns out they aren’t easy to locate. (At least in WNC) Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, local bolt and screw place, all No-Go!

Onto Google, five phone calls and an emailed pdf with a specs page to check the width and then I ended up finding some that fit absolutely perfectly on eBay of all places.

Turns out they are used in the hurricane shutter business.

Manufacturer is unknown but I’ll link the eBay seller with them. Maybe you guys know who makes them.

You will also need to head to Ace or comparative and get some stainless washers and nylon lock nuts, they are 1/4-20 common thread as well which is great.

Just thought I would share my findings as now I have eight bolts holding the 2500 to the LC.

Second pic is ARBs on top and the new one below.

Anyways, hope this helps someone.

Track Bolts, 1/4-20 x 3/4" Stainless Steel, 15 Pcs., Storm Panels, Square Head | eBay

215BBA4C-7E2C-407E-A4B7-70FC22D560B6.jpeg

EC96C582-28DD-4311-BCA0-E8FDC5357815.jpeg

BF0DF33B-DB3B-45C9-871F-33D616788712.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom