Rear control arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am buying rear control arms (upper and lower) and I am considering the set from Metal-tech. My only concerns are not knowing how much maintenance involved and the clicking sound that I have read about in the forums.

Does anyone have any experience with the control arms from Metal-tech and can give your thoughts on them?

Had MT and switched to TrailTalor version which were slightly longer. Seems MT had designed theirs to fit as OEM replacement and while adjustable, the lowers if adjusted even slightly outward leave too much threaded area exposed on the JJ which creates a weak point. As for the clicking? No idea about that symptom but if you don't tighten the jam nut effectively the JJ can get loose inside the control arm and create some slop- and noise (more of a thunk and not a click). The JJ them selves are a maintenance item, not sure how many miles/time you can get from them before replacing ( Im at 20k & still good). But you need to keep them greased at regular intervals- (same time when you grease your prop shaft & u joints at oil changes).

If you are concerned about JJ wear & maint. you can opt for upgraded "fixed" replacements on lowers and if you need adjustment, get adjustable uppers with turnbuckle style from TT that adjust from the center and standard poly bushes on the ends.

Last edited:
I have the adjustable TT uppers. Very pleased and I adjusted the pinion angle to take out small high speed vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom