Puller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing my CV axle this evening and have zero experience with this type of job. Need some advice from you grizzled veterans on which tool to rent:
Screenshot_20181019-123138_Chrome.jpg

An alternative is to unscrew the two bolts at the lower ball joint. You won't need a puller for that. I did mine last week.

An alternative is to unscrew the two bolts at the lower ball joint. You won't need a puller for that. I did mine last week.
Ok...I had just watched videos and assumed you need to do both those bolts AND the tire rod. Thanks!

Old axle came out fairly easy...cant get replacement back in. Splines line up but then cant get fully seated.

Hammer it home! Compress the axle and pop it

Thanks Vlad, was wondering if that would be kosher...compress it and hit the hub end with a plastic mallet?

Thanks gents...new axle is now in place. I'm wondering if the one I removed was an OEM axle. Easy ways to tell? It seemed somewhat heavier than the aftermarket part I installed. Wondering if I should reboot or save to use as a core. This GX is new to me so I have no idea how long the boot was comprised

Post pics of your axle. If the bearings aren't failed and they move you can reboot and use as a spare.

Dust shield at the interface to the diff is standard on OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom