seeking a part number for an alternator bolt/nut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went to flip out belts today and noticed that the lock nut on the alternator adjuster bolt is missing. I am happy i noticed it before i loosened the belts as I would not have been able to tighten it back up.

I cant seem to find it on any schematic. Does anyone have tips on how to search this? To clarify the part, there is a long adjuster bolt that threads into a small metal block, that block has an orthogonal hole that mates to a guide plate. I am missing that bolt that connects the guide plate to the block.

91511-80835 or 90107-08001 seem to be the p/n's that show in the diagrams with the alternator adjuster bracket for the lockbolt going through the adjuster block. It appears Toyota changed the bolt at some point as the second number shows for earlier years and the first number for later years.

Remember to make sure you have the right version of the adjuster bracket as one version works with 80 amp alternators and the later version is needed for bigger (110 amp) Denso units.

The adjuster bracket is bolted to the block with two bolts (also forming part of the water-pump mounting) at least with the diesel motors. I don't know if it's the same with the petrol motors.

From a 'teaching me how to fish' perspective. How did you drill into that diagram? I couldn't figure out what category that was.

The bracket isn't listed as an alternator adjuster but a belt adjuster. It's the 'think about what it does not what it is' approach. It's on the same page as the radiator in ToyoDIY's diagrams - ie. 16-03: Radiator and Water Outlet page 1 of 2.

Which is exactly correct as that adjustment of the alternator position is what tensions the twin belts that run the water pump (and the alternator).

@snoop I may have a new, unused one in the garage. If I remember correctly I purchased one believing I had a stripped one and it turned out the alternator threads were stripped not the nut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom