Builds Introducing LCP 1997 Turbo Charged 80 series parts runner build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
We purchased this Land Cruiser 9-7-2016 to showcase our products but until now only driven it ~300 miles. Its time to get on with the build.

1997 Land Cruiser Turbo 80 series
162500 actual miles
Factory lockers Front & Rear

As the story goes - This 80 series is 1 of 6 built by a Washington State Toyota dealer. If was a joint effort by the dealership and several aftermarket parts company. I have date check the serial numbers on a couple of the accessories and they did date 1997. I have no paperwork for the above story.

As built in 1997
Ome suspension lift 2" (center of hub to under lip of flare 22-1/2")
ARB front bumper
12,000lb Warn winch steel cable
Kaymar rear bumper with single tire swing out.
Kaymar light pole
Kaymar Hi-Lift mount on spare
ARB full drawer set up with fridge slide
Dual battery set with in cab controls (only single battery installed)
Additional fuse block with several 12 volt outlets through out cabin
Long Range replacement fuel tank ~38gals
Safari Turbo charger Complete kit - turbo, fuel regulator, Air to Air inner cooler, transmission cooler, and piggy back ECU. The main parts of this turbo set up was replaced ~10K miles ago. Safari Turbo is CARB approved in all 50 states.
3" full exhaust

The only other addition is some monster stereo that I have zero interest in and possible will be delete.

The truck runs like no other 80 I have owned or driven. The turbo set is first rate and addresses everything and has run cool in the Arizona heat. This was a huge selling/buying point for us. If driven softly you would have no idea its turbo get past 2000 rpm and you have game. The Safari turbo noted only weakness was the cast outpipe from the turbo. Less than 10,000 miles ago the complete system was removed and a brand new turbo, waste gate, custom waste gate pipe, and a custom SS out pipe was done by AZ #1 turbo shop Home . Looking forward to another 20 years or 150,000 miles of reliable service.

IMG_9695.JPG
IMG_9693.JPG
IMG_9697.JPG
IMG_9637.JPG
IMG_9696.JPG

First mod was to provide constant power to the windows so you do not need to have the key on to operate the windows. This is a simple mod that is a must for me and at $5 shipped its a deal.
Window Mods - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

IMG_9704.JPG

@LandCruiserPhil what are your thoughts on the kaymar rear bar having owned a labs bar and I assume knowing your way around a slee rear bar and maybe a few other options?

I recently bought a rig with the rear Kaymar. I was planning on replacing it with a 4x4Labs bumper, but for my intended use (overlanding) and my short money supply, I decided just to keep it. It is a nice bumper, just think others are better off road bumpers.

That being said, can you take some pictures of the light pole and the highlift jack mount for the Kaymar? I can get a glimpse in your pics but would like a little better shot if you don't mind.

Thanks!

I recently bought a rig with the rear Kaymar. I was planning on replacing it with a 4x4Labs bumper, but for my intended use (overlanding) and my short money supply, I decided just to keep it. It is a nice bumper, just think others are better off road bumpers.

That being said, can you take some pictures of the light pole and the highlift jack mount for the Kaymar? I can get a glimpse in your pics but would like a little better shot if you don't mind.

Thanks!
upload_2018-10-20_19-6-41.png

IMG_9712.JPG

@LandCruiserPhil what are your thoughts on the kaymar rear bar having owned a labs bar and I assume knowing your way around a slee rear bar and maybe a few other options?

I had a Kaymar on an old 80 back in 2003/4. It is a super well built bumper IMO. I had a 37" Swamper hanging off it and it was very solid, this was went you had no choices. As for wheeling its hard to beat a 4X4 Labs for clearance and strength even though 4x4 labs has done some lightening up on metal thickness in some areas in the last few years.:(

Thanks for the photos! That is one funky light on a pole. The tube is just to store the coiled wire to the light? I guess that's one way to do it.

Thanks for the photos! That is one funky light on a pole. The tube is just to store the coiled wire to the light? I guess that's one way to do it.

Original for 1997:meh: It would be a lot more useful and cool if it swiveled:doh:

Console Lid Organizer $11 FREE SHIPPING
Console Lid Organizer - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Comes with everything you need for a complete install

IMG_9754.JPG

Attach the 5 - 3M hook & loop pads

IMG_9757.JPG

Clean the console lid

IMG_9758.JPG

Press into place and load it up

IMG_9759.JPG

The set up is somewhat stealth as I use it to store important doc in one safe accessible place along with a couple spare dollar. You need to pull it off the get to the hidden items/paperwork.

backside.JPG

Our Rock Rails are a perfect choice the trails that this and most 80 will run. After 7 years of testing on my 80 Rock Rail we have squeezed through obstacle without touching were guys with the same set up 80 have hung up with heavy duty slider. Our rails give you excellent and bottom protection only hanging down ~3/4" below the pinch weld. Now it body damage is not a problem and you plan to pivot off boulders these are not for you.

Rock Rails - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

The same installation method goes with the 100 series also.

I like to do all my drilling and fitting prior to my final finish.
• I use a floor jack to raise the unfinished rail into place. Keeping the end of the rail flush with the pinch weld you are now ready to start marking.

IMG_9763.JPG

• With the rail in place and the bolts facing up against the pinch weld mark the bolt location.
IMG_9765.JPG

• Use an awl to mark the hole in the center of the pinch weld. Mark once and drill once!

IMG_9769.JPG

• I like to drill a pilot first makes centering much easier.

IMG_9772.JPG

• Next drill your final hole. I like to drill a hole slightly larger than the bolt.
• With everything drilled I like to dry fit the rails and if needed slightly enlarge any mounting holes to fit

IMG_9774.JPG

Stay tuned up next is finish the rails and do a final bolt on

You need more pictures of the final product. I’m intrigued.
Been around for 7 years :oops: just haven't push them. But they have a solid history on many 80's and 100's.

IMG_8336.JPG

After guiding a trip for Maltec they found there way on this BA 80 series and soon to be on more trucks from the trip.

359A0E44-5B4D-4068-802F-B8505684C082.jpeg

Some owners refer to them as stealth rock rails as they offer a super clean look, high clearance with protection

NqqxHy2J8HjTVQUI1RbI0eEW0xJFmYWsIwGRkh5MWwIMQSei63G2JQqjuE3UQ78RNg7cbx-b6MxLK-ddktyS-TrAehlfcZPjvXrOxvn8iIM2zN8ox0nmZ3qZEj15WriTnnOZ32-Z-kOvz4T1vFBUf56zWhcLNfUeBhCBOyMA4ImR4qpfzSA2h8dIfL6aH6itIOD1h7Y-Kx8TA3CU7kW_XBQ-4x2JjP-b4Z0xj1rAb4E3y0eab6yGPoc7o1VEZK3GUWVM8iycRNm31CFgLDsD9-cRGzm-nysiYO4DXgMNGWReylMBGGw3lBbeNf36LMe2UmwKi0Cp7ZZHOZ9MXqdasFlvMbyl0-Z8_tZSOrvRhtzO41h88i25vXrZSQDrr3w1WGfrGL2-w3ocHXny87RJTXVVOMAOGxnC9RyCJq2s4j8dS2R5ZVOCrBZp_CYaGCbjcNVglZ7uESPpr9SSKTzSQbzHwjwxnLTCYAMa-yP1hQwxiUSfRpHK2AGuGT4b2XMb6DaWbWxXFM-ywK_I6cIm8mstJaeNxnzahDrYMHBUiWmpcD-2CHVHLZhlmXBciu6pCXmwkNBlnSCTmahNffNilj92AcEPyVh2jNgZJpCV2GJNM4j7SEQF-OB--wUr1WjU80epgJ4hJhRtdTW8xLnSe5bc9w=w1407-h938-no

I did not do this on my truck but it should be done for a couple reasons. One the bare metal from the holes get treated and two there are couple spot you see white were you dont want to. This something I wait to do to my Campteq 80 after 7 seven years:doh:

IMG_9778.JPG
IMG_9783.JPG

The black on the underside is some type of undercoat that the new owner my want to address.:meh: Im not going to spend the time.

IMG_9785.JPG

Tomorrow I will paint the Rails in the AM and because we are in sunny Arizona they will be ready for the final installation in couple hours as its still in the 90's here.:popcorn:

This thread just seems like a lame way for you to pimp your products

Looking at the title would did you think when you clicked, its business.
Its a build using our products.:meh:
I want the documentation before I leave for North Africa product testing in a couple weeks.;)

Looking at the title would did you think when you clicked, its business.
Its a build using our products.:meh:
I want the documentation before I leave for North Africa product testing in a couple weeks.;)

So it is a plug? Not tech?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom