FJ 62 Ignition/starting issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the truck was running fine as a DD until a few days ago. The issue is as follows. I was trying to leave the store which I had no issue getting to and when I went to start it, it was a no go. will turn over fine and all lights come on. if you hold down the key in the starting position the truck will start and run, even let you rev it up but as soon as you let go of the key it just dies. will not stay running unless you are holding down the key to start. So clearly its getting fuel, power, spark, and the starter is fine. what the heck gives? bad ignition switch? the part is discontinued, and have one for sale? all wires look ok, I'm about to die of frustration. thanks for the time guys!

Sounds like the coil holder ground, it might be throwing volts up the tach wire.

Unbolt coil holder to clean mounting bolt holes on wheelwell. Re-attach. Hook a wire from the ignitor case corner to a solid ground point on wheelwell.There is a 10mm nut near hood mount.

Replace the rotor in distributor, cause the extra amps arc it.

Will check that out in the morning and let you know if that fixes the problem. Ill replace the rotor if this fixes the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom